Friggin garbage disposal

Al Czervik

21 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Get rid of it. Just use a couple fine mesh strainers and toss everything in the trash. Just like in commercial kitchens. Very happy I did. 

E86E6FC9-FE08-4FBD-9E9A-49341EA416C5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Especially if you are on a septic system. 

We use these and I was going to add the septic is happy.

Had the tanks pumped a couple summers ago after 17 years in the house and the septic guy told us not to teach people how to care for them, because he'd go out of business. 

Nice kid, reasonable pricing. Probably will never need him again here, but use his company for the in laws that don't do nearly as well with theirs.

• Like 4

We had the plastic P trap in my mother's kitchen come apart when my sister in law kept jamming crap into the drain.  She'd never used a garbage disposal before and asked me if it was okay to shove stuff in there.  I didn't realize that she didn't know she had to turn it on.  So I just said, 'yes, you can put stuff in the garbage disposal.'

Next thing I know, I'm on the floor mopping and reassembling while all the cooking Tom foolery was still going on.  :599c64365a11b_brickwall:

• Sad 2

Funny you mentioned this garbage disposal thing! Had to replace mine and after jumping through all sorts of contortions to get it replaced was very pleased with myself having saved "a lot of money" not having a repair guy come out. Few days later wife said the dishwasher crapped out and was not draining, Damn now have to replace dishwasher so onto the internet to try and solve. Seems this "handyman" forgot to knock out the dishwasher plug on the disposal, so had to go through the various contortions to pull apart and put back together. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, VinD said:

Funny you mentioned this garbage disposal thing! Had to replace mine and after jumping through all sorts of contortions to get it replaced was very pleased with myself having saved "a lot of money" not having a repair guy come out. Few days later wife said the dishwasher crapped out and was not draining, Damn now have to replace dishwasher so onto the internet to try and solve. Seems this "handyman" forgot to knock out the dishwasher plug on the disposal, so had to go through the various contortions to pull apart and put back together. 

That how we all learn, but still saved you money...............

• Like 1