Hello kidney stones

crockett

On 11/7/2021 at 12:39 PM, crockett said:

No pain today. I have no idea what happened. I guess my prayers helped. I'll just keep drinking more, with every 4th glass of water enriched with lemon juice. Pretty sure they are calcium based due to my diet.

90% of kidney stones are calcium stones. 

• Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, crockett said:

I only took one pill 5 years ago. Feeling so good all of the sudden was scary and I knew I would develop an addiction in no time. Got 15 pills pr4scribed, 14 still there.

20211107_124212.thumb.jpg.c9b9d2cc4e817bb5f3738f99c4071dcf.jpg

20211107_124139.thumb.jpg.de1e56c63d1ee8e81023f675078b9294.jpg

I get 20 of those every month for the pain in my knees.  The pain is so great that it keeps me awake most nights.  It worries me that if I take the pills too often I would have any for the time when I really need them. 

So I hoard them, and put up with the pain until I have some work in the yard or mechanical work in the garage, then I take two along with two Ibuprofen, it seems to kick off the pills better. Now I can go for 4 hours max.  On bad nights I do the same when nothing else works to sleep.

I don't worry about addiction since I'm so controlling with myself.  I smoked for years, and one day I decided the price was too high so I quit that day.  I would sit in the smoking section of the cafeteria at work to verify that there was no way I would continue.  I don't even think about it now.

In the Navy I decided to make it a few years of an Alcohol high.  I did. 

I don't drink much now, occasionally I will get a buzz to quiet the thoughts, but it's hard to swallow since I literally hate the taste of the stuff,  I really can't stand the taste so if I drink it's for the effect only.  I used to get Migraines from it, so it's a good reminder of how bad it can be.

I wouldn't do anything to treat my wife like I do myself.  I love her too much to be like my father but, I don't have the same feelings for myself.  

Coffee, however; is an addiction I will not break.  Since I need it to make it through the day and to deal with "some" people.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

I get 20 of those every month for the pain in my knees.  The pain is so great that it keeps me awake most nights.  It worries me that if I take the pills too often I would have any for the time when I really need them. 

So I hoard them, and put up with the pain until I have some work in the yard or mechanical work in the garage, then I take two along with two Ibuprofen, it seems to kick off the pills better. Now I can go for 4 hours max.  On bad nights I do the same when nothing else works to sleep.

I don't worry about addiction since I'm so controlling with myself.  I smoked for years, and one day I decided the price was too high so I quit that day.  I would sit in the smoking section of the cafeteria at work to verify that there was no way I would continue.  I don't even think about it now.

In the Navy I decided to make it a few years of an Alcohol high.  I did. 

I don't drink much now, occasionally I will get a buzz to quiet the thoughts, but it's hard to swallow since I literally hate the taste of the stuff,  I really can't stand the taste so if I drink it's for the effect only.  I used to get Migraines from it, so it's a good reminder of how bad it can be.

I wouldn't do anything to treat my wife like I do myself.  I love her too much to be like my father but, I don't have the same feelings for myself.  

*********Coffee, however; is an addiction I will not break.  Since I need it to make it through the day and to deal with "some" people.

****** Coffee and addiction...how can that be Just because sometimes it's all you can think about :agree2:   

• Like 1

I've never had stones.  ::knockswood::

But I've many major surgeries, and a crash, or six, too many.

If I'm off work, and in mega-pain,  I expect to be heavily medicated.  I've been on the Oxy-stuff a bunch of times.  The last time,  I was supposed to take four per 24hours.  I got to where I'd only take one,  immediately upon waking up,  just to get moving,  but once I loosened up,  I got around without any more.

Each time when I was trying to get back to work,  and the prescriptions ran out,  I was done with them.  I don't think there were ever any withdrawals, or addictions going on.  Just stopped and got over it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. No pain for the past 1.5 days. I'm sure its just stuck and not moving again. It's weird, the last time I was in constant pain for 2 weeks. Maybe its just a small stone that only causes issues when it keeps moving. Also having a hard time drinking enough water. Once the pain is gone, my motivation to drink more water is out the window. I hate having to drink bland water when I'm not thirsty, let alone having to pee every 15 minutes.

Anyways, I'm glad that I'm pain free for now. Biggest luxury ever!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

Thanks guys. No pain for the past 1.5 days. I'm sure its just stuck and not moving again. It's weird, the last time I was in constant pain for 2 weeks. Maybe its just a small stone that only causes issues when it keeps moving. Also having a hard time drinking enough water. Once the pain is gone, my motivation to drink more water is out the window. I hate having to drink bland water when I'm not thirsty, let alone having to pee every 15 minutes.

Anyways, I'm glad that I'm pain free for now. Biggest luxury ever!

My ex gf had kidney stones pretty often. Her Dr said the pain wasn't so much from the moving, but rather from the pressure caused by the piss being backed up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

My ex gf had kidney stones pretty often. Her Dr said the pain wasn't so much from the moving, but rather from the pressure caused by the piss being backed up.

Possible. Maybe mine gets stuck sideways at times, blocking it. Talking about it, I can feel a dull pain again. Just in time for bed. Figures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Burning sensation is so annoying that I signed up for Teladoc, hoping to get some kind of medication for it. Got a call from a doc 40 min later, told him everything.

What a ******* waste of time and resources that is. That dude was from India or something, I didn't understand 70% of his gibberish. In the end he told me to go to a walk in clinic or the ER, AFTER I told him that I do NOT want to go to any doc office or ER due to covid and not being vaccinated.

What a ******* joke this health ""care"" system has become!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1