My apologies.

Hook

I made some comments that could possibly tarnish the site and that was not my intentions at all. I made an apology in that thread but wanted too make a site wide apology. I get so damn wound up about politics sometimes and just let go. So i am sorry too you all Especially Eric i do not want hurt your site. Truly sorry to theboresite.  Good day to you all. Sorry Eric.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Hook said:

I made some comments that could possibly tarnish the site and that was not my intentions at all. I made an apology in that thread but wanted too make a site wide apology. I get so damn wound up about politics sometimes and just let go. So i am sorry too you all Especially Eric i do not want hurt your site. Truly sorry to theboresite.  Good day to you all. Sorry Eric.

always-speak-how-you-feel-and-never-apol

Had to find that mean post. IMO there's nothing wrong using the lingo necessary to express our opinions.

I cuss all the time. In reality I'm just being silly. Over-exaggeration and sarcasm make me rather laugh.

But what we all could use are new threads that don't spin around Biden, Dems, news, and the stupid virus. I don't think there is ANYTHING surprising or new coming to the table, so why keep digging in this bullshit hole? You guys can't tell me that you feel better when you post on those topics. It only raises the blood pressure and screws up your day. Post something fun for a change, something out of your life. Get something new started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Anyone offended by you is simply too easy to offend. This is a website for people with adult minds that can handle a slight amount of abuse, although we shouldn't get downright rude....

I never saw the comment.  I ain't offended by ****.  I do try to not offend Eric or this site though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I never saw the comment.  I ain't offended by ****.  I do try to not offend Eric or this site though.

It was obviously political and with heated enthusiasm, but not as bad as it would seem. Well, I didn't think so. Perhaps a little over the top, but no where as OTT as some get a pass on. Of course I was raised by an auto mechanic, spent 10 years in the Navy, and 30 years in EMS, the last ten in the oil field, so my barometer on such could be tilted a bit. :anim_rofl2:

Remember this is a pretty self moderating site, and some might go a bit far in the heat of passion, but it was very forgivable, especially since it was a one and done.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Guys, as with most things in life, there are practical limits to what can be said online, in general, and here specifically. Calls to violence are a good example. I cannot have that sort of thing here, or content calling for or trying to incite or glorify any sort of illegal activity. Whose door do you think gets knocked on first? Beyond that, I don't like seeing hatred and vulgarity here, under any circumstance. Just because the left takes the low road, doesn't mean that we have to follow. What they say and do speaks volumes about them. What we do and say does the same.

Hook's apology was unnecessary, but appreciated and it touches on an important point, in these troubled times. As I have said many, many times, I come here to get away from that crap. While it may be natural, even unavoidable for political issues that occur in the real world to get brought up here, I don't want all that spite and anger, even hatred dragged in here. I don't want it. If you want to indulge in that sort of thing, I have set aside a political issues forum where it can be argued. I did that to contain the topic, as much as to accomodate those who wanted to argue politics.

I don't think that most people want to see that content daily and the animus that follows it around. I certainly don't. There are bigger issues here than whether someone's political comments cause offense and to whom. I think the topic is an extremely negative, divisive one, that brings absolutely nothing good to a site and can do a great deal of harm to an online community, if allowed to run amok.

I have a hell of a lot of experience running forum communities. I saw what a nightmare subjects like politics, civil liberties and religion ended up being on GT and how they divided the members there. I've tried to set a better tone here. A friendlier more relaxed atmosphere. I don't want the drama those subjects cause to infect this site too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

It was obviously political and with heated enthusiasm, but not as bad as it would seem. Well, I didn't think so. Perhaps a little over the top, but no where as OTT as some get a pass on. Of course I was raised by an auto mechanic, spent 10 years in the Navy, and 30 years in EMS, the last ten in the oil field, so my barometer on such could be tilted a bit. :anim_rofl2:

Remember this is a pretty self moderating site, and some might go a bit far in the heat of passion, but it was very forgivable, especially since it was a one and done.

Thanks Texas. Yup me too.  "Tilted" after 40 years in Linework. Ya just can't "offend" me. Such a stupid word..."Offend".  A fuckin liberal ***** word...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Guys, as with most things in life, there are practical limits to what can be said online, in general, and here specifically. Calls to violence are a good example. I cannot have that sort of thing here, or content calling for or trying to incite or glorify any sort of illegal activity. Whose door do you think gets knocked on first? Beyond that, I don't like seeing hatred and vulgarity here, under any circumstance. Just because the left takes the low road, doesn't mean that we have to follow. What they say and do speaks volumes about them. What we do and say does the same.

Hook's apology was unnecessary, but appreciated and it touches on an important point, in these troubled times. As I have said many, many times, I come here to get away from that crap. While it may be natural, even unavoidable for political issues that occur in the real world to get brought up here, I don't want all that spite and anger, even hatred dragged in here. I don't want it. If you want to indulge in that sort of thing, I have set aside a political issues forum where it can be argued. I did that to contain the topic, as much as to accomodate those who wanted to argue politics.

I don't think that most people want to see that content daily and the animus that follows it around. I certainly don't. There are bigger issues here than whether someone's political comments cause offense and to whom. I think the topic is an extremely negative, divisive one, that brings absolutely nothing good to a site and can do a great deal of harm to an online community, if allowed to run amok.

I have a hell of a lot of experience running forum communities. I saw what a nightmare subjects like politics, civil liberties and religion ended up being on GT and how they divided the members there. I've tried to set a better tone here. A friendlier more relaxed atmosphere. I don't want the drama those subjects cause to infect this site too.

Yes Sir.  I've had to pull myself back at times from just going "batshit", so to speak.  

I appreciate your Board Eric, and thank you... for continuing to tollerate "Some" of us....and though I'm a mouthy ******...and am Seriously ANGRY about "things" nowdays...when I run across a meme, or post, I'd REALLY like to post...My brain does click...and I say...Naw...That will either bring Eric on your ass, or people knockin on your door.  I'll stop now...:angryfire:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Yes Sir.  I've had to pull myself back at times from just going "batshit", so to speak.  

I appreciate your Board Eric, and thank you... for continuing to tollerate "Some" of us....and though I'm a mouthy ******...and am Seriously ANGRY about "things" nowdays...when I run across a meme, or post, I'd REALLY like to post...My brain does click...and I say...Naw...That will either bring Eric on your ass, or people knockin on your door.  I'll stop now...:angryfire:

Don't stop because of Eric, stop because it makes YOUR life worse. Indulging in these negative, political topics feels right in the moment, but its a really dirty rabbit hole. The more you dig, the harder it will be to get out. Don't throw your days away with garbage. I'm dealing with the same issue, its not worth it.

• Like 2

I hate to sound like an old man, but, at 71 with a cardiac pacemaker on board, I'm pretty much there.

The hardest lesson I've had to learn in my life so far is that sometimes you must let people make their own mistakes.  There are lessons they must learn experientially.

I just don't get upset anymore.  I endeavor to educate ignorance, but, since stupid is forever and I'm certainly on borrowed time, I walk away from it.

Sometimes we all must speak our mind.  We just have to learn to make sure the receiver is on before we transmit.

(Can you tell I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet this morning?)

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, LostinTexas said:

With your background you could list “bi-lingual “ on a job app.  EMS, on weekends or a full moon, will bring out your finer qualities.  

• Haha 1