Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

54 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I also miss them. Is this nostalgia speaking or were things actually better 70+/- years ago?

Probably a little of both ... I loved the cars and the girls and the music. The simplicity of life back then is an awesome memory. Being younger back then probably makes the memories seem better ... but I have a good memory, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trumpet is first EVER bloodhound to win the Westminster Dog Show.
Trumpet beat a French bulldog, a German shepherd, a Maltese, an English setter, a Samoyed and a Lakeland terrier in the 146th Westminster Dog Show.
It's the first time a Bloodhound has won Westminster's Best in Show prize in the event's 146-year history.
The show featured more than 3,500 dogs with over 200 breeds competing in three different competitions.

Many pictures at link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10943639/Good-dog-Westminster-dog-gets-set-pick-winner.html

Trumpet - Bloodhound - 146th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

always look like they smelled something you can't.

Because they do, lol. When I was younger, we used bloodhounds for hunting occasionally and they never seem to lose the trail. I think all of the state prisons here in North Florida have Bloodhounds for tracking escapees.

• Like 2

A team of Florida wildlife biologists captured the largest Burmese python ever discovered in the state, officials announced yesterday. The gargantuan female serpent, considered an invasive species in Florida, measured nearly 18 feet long and weighed 215 pounds, according to the Conservancy of Southwest Florida.
The snake was caught last December in the Everglades following a 20 minute wrestling match with biologists, but researchers left the python in a freezer until April. During a necropsy, the snake was found to have 122 eggs developing in its abdomen, breaking another record for the most eggs female python can produce in a breeding cycle, according to the conservancy.
Why is the Burmese python a problem in Florida?
The pythons are taking over the land and ultimately killing so many of the native species. This growing problem is of major concern for the preservation efforts of the historic wetlands. Experts are labeling the pythons as Florida's largest invasive species that has wreaked havoc on the natural ecosystem. They reproduce in crazy numbers as evidenced by this one snake having had 122 eggs in her.

Burmese Python - Florida - 18" 215 Lbs..jpg

• Sad 1

A local bar was so sure that its barman was the strongest man in the town that they offered a standing $500 bet.
The barman would squeeze a lemon until all the juice ran out and challenge any man to squeeze out another drop.
Weightlifters, arm wrestlers; they all tried and lost the bet.
Then one day, a thin, small, pale man wearing scratched glasses, a ten year old polyester suit, walked in and said, "I'd like to take on the bet."
After the laughter had died down, the barman said, "Okay"; grabbed the lemon and squeezed away.
Then he handed the wrinkled remains of the lemon to the little man.
But the crowd's laughter turned to total silence as the man clenched his little fist around the lemon and six drops fell into the glass.
As the barman paid the $500 bet, he asked "What do you do for a living? You’re obviously not a lumberjack, a metal worker, a weight-lifter, … what do you do?”
The small quiet man quietly replied: "I work for the IRS, I’m a tax auditor.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4