Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

1 minute ago, Batesmotel said:

I was a Hunter Education Instructor for 30 years. People believe they exist. I had people actually ask about hunting them. 

ROFL. I used to have one that was mounted, of course it was fake but it was very well done by a guy out in UT that does taxidermy for a living.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

Similar incidents happened at our school and nothing was ever said. You are absolutely right about life, people, and the world being better off then.

In the later 60's while working at a plant for Univac, one of our employees got arrested for trying to sell a machine gun to an FBI agent in our parking lot.  We were a Federal Facility due to our business.  People were dumb then too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Looks like you would have awesome leverage as well as another principle which I can't recall the name of right now.

It would have been great in a crawl space where you couldn’t use body weight. Just arm strength. 

• Like 3

Meet Scot, the 1,600-pound great white shark swimming off Florida's coast
Florida's got yet another spring breaker in town: Scot, a massive great white shark, has been recorded swimming off the Gulf Coast.
Scot, an adult male, measures just over 12-feet long and weighs 1,600 pounds, according to OCEARCH, the non-profit marine group that spotted the big fish Thursday.
Scot is the 74th great white shark tagged and released by the group in the Northwest Atlantic Ocean, OCEARCH said. They fit each animal with an electronic tracker that pings whenever it breaks the ocean surface.
The tracker's records show Scot is a dedicated traveler. He was first tagged in September of 2021 in Nova Scotia, where he was named in honor of the "welcoming and ocean first dedicated people" there by OCEARCH's partners at Sea World. Scot then traveled a total of 3,910 miles down the East Coast in just 119 days. He has been relaxing around the Florida Keys and Gulf Coast since at least Valentine's Day, according to OCEARCH data.
Sharks typically move towards the shore during the spring and summer, making April and October the months of highest shark activity.
The waters around Florida are home to more than 13 shark species, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Scot.jpg

• Like 1