Early PSA For The Holiday

willie-pete

• Administrators
11 hours ago, willie-pete said:

When you buy your fireworks, be aware that the color of the " burst " is generated by the type of chemical element used in the payload of the mortar or rocket as shown in the following chart.

Choose wisely.

colors.jpg.5dc40ea2b9aca6bc176b29d94efebef4.jpg

:whistling:

Wait, is that what the doctor meant when he said he wanted to give me a barium enema? Bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fireworks are illegal in San Jose and Santa Clara which means that everybody who wants them gets some really wild stuff illegally.   The wisdom of our political elite defies description.  Instead of whistlers and sparklers, the evenings are filled with the sounds of barrel bombs and M80s while the skies are lit up by some pretty impressive pyrotechnic displays.  

11 hours ago, willie-pete said:

When you buy your fireworks, be aware that the color of the " burst " is generated by the type of chemical element used in the payload of the mortar or rocket as shown in the following chart.

Choose wisely.

colors.jpg.5dc40ea2b9aca6bc176b29d94efebef4.jpg

Seriously?  fireworks in Floriduh?  Damn sure nothin bought here.  Brought in?  yeah.  I don't believe you can buy a pop bottle rocket in Floriduh.  Really don't seem to be inforced much though, as far as shootin off.

18 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Seriously?  fireworks in Floriduh?  Damn sure nothin bought here.  Brought in?  yeah.  I don't believe you can buy a pop bottle rocket in Floriduh.  Really don't seem to be inforced much though, as far as shootin off.

Walked out of Publix a few days ago past a display of fireworks for sale in the store. Didn't look to see what was in it though. 

My neighbor gets them from somewhere much to my dogs' dismay.

3 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Walked out of Publix a few days ago past a display of fireworks for sale in the store. Didn't look to see what was in it though. 

My neighbor gets them from somewhere much to my dogs' dismay.

Yup.  Ya didn't miss nothin...there's nothin there.  Your "neighbor" on the other hand...probably gets his from Georgia.  I got 2 neighbors across the lake that battle every year.  NONE of that stuff is bought in Floriduh...Nobody turns em in, we just enjoy the "Battle"!!!:cool:  Hope they do it this year!!!

• Like 1

Most of Tennessee has limited sales periods associated with certain holidays - Independence Day and New Years Day, possibly one or two others. Large tents blossom in parking lots for about a week before the holiday. A few areas allow fireworks sales year around and a few ban fireworks.

Local communities stage displays which I sometimes attend, but I’m not the enthusiast I once was. 

Our city outlawed fireworks. Typical leftist crap, some kids started a fire, at least that was the claim, so they outlawed them for everyone. 

Next city over has no such restrictions and the "illegal" fireworks are everywhere.

So the city buys billboards asking people to snitch and puts up signs on all the roads at the city limits. 

Someone with a delightful sense of humor nailed a pinwheel to one of the cities signs and lit it.:abovelol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Fireworks are mostly banned here this year but it is 100% because of the extreme fire danger right now. One guy had his lawn catch fire by just mowing it. 

Tall unmowed dry grass in driveways is at risk from hot catalytic converters. 

• Like 1

Yeah, last year it was green and wet for the 4th, not this year, hot, dry, lightening caused fires burning on three side of town. Not the right year to light off the fireworks. They've banned campfires and fire pits in town. Open flame cooking is allowed if in a BBQ. Just common sense really.

Maybe the dogs know better, they HATE FIREWORKS.....

I'll repeat my "story".

Many years ago, my dad was the Chief of Surgery at Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, 

A few days after July 4th he took a few of us on "rounds" at the hospital, the sight of a few of the results of having finger missing, and the burns on some of the patients was enough that we gave up on playing with fireworks afterthat.

11 minutes ago, DAKA said:

I'll repeat my "story".

Many years ago, my dad was the Chief of Surgery at Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, 

A few days after July 4th he took a few of us on "rounds" at the hospital, the sight of a few of the results of having finger missing, and the burns on some of the patients was enough that we gave up on playing with fireworks afterthat.

Indeed; just look at the LAPD bomb squad.

Edited by willie-pete

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

I'll repeat my "story".

Yep. I knew a guy in high school who made his own (big) firecrackers. And fuses. Everyone called him Nubby after a while.