Let's Be Careful Out There

willie-pete

Certainly not anyone I trained. The video isn't too graphic, but he is VERY lucky.

I don't know where the footage was filmed, but the other person holding the other gun is going to require first aid also very soon.

www.nbc4i.com

Video: Man accidentally shoots himself in face at Ohio gun range

The man is expected to be OK.
www.nbc4i.com www.nbc4i.com

" “The video shows that he is shooting a 9mm automatic and when he shot, he ejected the shell and it went right down the back of his shirt. So, because that’s hot … he started to move around and his other hand just came and the gun discharged and (the bullet) went through his cheek and out the top part of his other cheek,” the Geauga County sheriff said. "

• Like 3

I call it the bear dance. I once had a guy in the booth next to me do it and he shot his buddy in the leg when a case went down his shirt. I know it's not necessary because I once had a hot .22 LR case get behind my glasses. I stood there listening to it sizzle while I laid my Mk II down on the bench and then removed the case. I had an identifiable .22 LR case tattoo under my right eye for a week, but I didn't do the bear dance and I didn't shoot anything or anybody. I've also had to ask women to button their shirts at the range, to protect the puppies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the range and was handed a full auto AR15 left hand to shoot. Shouldered it and squeezed the trigger. Sent a stream of hot brass off the rim of my hat and down the back of my shirt. 

I clicked the safety on, slammed the gun down on the table and proceeded to dance like a nuthouse star. Have three faint scars from that. 

Manufacturers rep thank me for not dropping the gun.:abovelol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good sheriff for suggesting proper training to beginners and BEFORE showing up at the range.

If people want to push for "gun control", that's the only one I could agree on. Force every new gun owner to join proper training AND a legal course so he / she knows his / her responsibilities.

And not one of those 2 hour cramped conceal carry bullshit courses where you get to shoot just one round. Make them show up for 3 hours on 5 evenings, with at least 50 rounds shot every time.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, crockett said:

Good sheriff for suggesting proper training to beginners and BEFORE showing up at the range.

If people want to push for "gun control", that's the only one I could agree on. Force every new gun owner to join proper training AND a legal course so he / she knows his / her responsibilities.

And not one of those 2 hour cramped conceal carry bull**** courses where you get to shoot just one round. Make them show up for 3 hours on 5 evenings, with at least 50 rounds shot every time.

I've taken friends of mine who were newer shooters to the range. I quit taking "newer shooters" to the range. The last straw was a friend of mine was taking his uncased gun to the table behind the lane to reload.

A side note...If you carry, BUY INSURANCE.

On 6/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, gwalchmai said:

I call it the bear dance. I once had a guy in the booth next to me do it and he shot his buddy in the leg when a case went down his shirt. I know it's not necessary because I once had a hot .22 LR case get behind my glasses. I stood there listening to it sizzle while I laid my Mk II down on the bench and then removed the case. I had an identifiable .22 LR case tattoo under my right eye for a week, but I didn't do the bear dance and I didn't shoot anything or anybody. I've also had to ask women to button their shirts at the range, to protect the puppies.

BTDT - had a 9mm case get stuck behind the glasses open end toward my face below my eye at the top of my cheekbone, so there was just a little circle of burn.  Looked silly, fortunately didn't hurt  cause I don't have much sensation in the nerves in my face.  

• Sad 2

When I was in ROTC my father cautioned me to never accept training NCOs kind offers to make life easier especially to remove our shirts under the hot Oklahoma sun when shooting M1s in rapid fire. 06 brass raises blisters when stuck to your skin when shooting prone. They would hold up those who accepted their offers as stupid maggots.

I look good in a cowboy hat, but that’s not why I wear one when competing in Cowboy Action Shooting. I generally have 6 or more pieces of brass in the air at a time when shooting the rifle and I don’t need them going down my shirt.

7251A6CE-44B2-42D0-8BE1-66EDDB8D447B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1