Leftism in Today's Military

Gunboat1

https://www.newsweek.com/soft-liberalism-iron-fisted-leftism-todays-us-military-opinion-1576950

From Newsweek, if you can believe it:  

"America's enemies are laughing at us. Frankly, we deserve it. But it doesn't need to be this way. To get back on top, our military must reject "extremism" training, reverse all the progressive policies enacted over the past several years, return to a true meritocracy and focus exclusively on the only thing that matters: winning wars.

We need a military fit for real warriors—not the social justice kind."

Just what I have been saying for years.  This is truth.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I suggest that those above have formed a conclusion based on a faulty premise; that a military exists to protect the citizens of a nation, primarily from  from foreign invasion and additionally, to act as a diplomatic tool to further said nation's foreign policy.  Perhaps it is better described as wishful thinking.

I further suggest that the true purpose of a military is, and has been since mankind first formed civilizations, is to protect those in power, the so-called leaders of the nation, enforce whatever policies the leaders decree and to ensure that said leaders remain as leaders.

Members of the military, especially the upper ranks, owe allegiance to the king, not the serfs.

Ms. Pelosi and Mr.  Schumer are kings; we are serfs.

There has been much discussion over the years whether or not the military will kick in your door to seize your firearms if the king demands it.

I have never had a doubt.

Edited by tous
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, aomagrat said:

Even the veteran's Facebook groups I still  belong to (most of the good ones were purged after the Capitol incident) are infested with liberal snowflakes with their finger on the report button. 

It is rumored that Trump will be starting a social network soon. I have no doubt the seeds of the Second American Revolution will be planted and cultured there.

16 hours ago, tadbart said:

It is rumored that Trump will be starting a social network soon. I have no doubt the seeds of the Second American Revolution will be planted and cultured there.

Fox News is saying his social media platform will be up and running in two to three months. That should piss some people off, which I'll enjoy watching.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2021 at 2:54 PM, kerbie18 said:

Fox News is saying his social media platform will be up and running in two to three months. That should piss some people off, which I'll enjoy watching.

The DU trolls should be fun on there. I bet there will be some trigger-y pictures posted. Hunt camp, civil war reenactment, that kinda stuff.

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, tadbart said:

The seeds were planted a decade ago. It is a slow growing, but once it breaks ground into the light, it picks up momentum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NPTim said:

The seeds were planted a decade ago. It is a slow growing, but once it breaks ground into the light, it picks up momentum.

There won’t be a civil war until the WI-FI goes out.

besides, no States are going to break from the Federal money. So a citizen revolt is a pipe dream.

wirk with what you’ve got to make the government you want. The rest is just hot online air.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Somebody may be really surprised when it doesn’t break at all

I contemplate the story of the wild hog trap from time to time. And the frog in a pan of water on the stove. It is hard to see and recognize the big picture when one is but a single piece of the puzzle. 

6 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I contemplate the story of the wild hog trap from time to time. And the frog in a pan of water on the stove. It is hard to see and recognize the big picture when one is but a single piece of the puzzle. 

They are coming for your guns....”it’s coming” (when they don’t)

FEMA camps......”it’s coming” (when they don’t)

They're are coming for your Bible......”oh, it’s coming” (when they don’t)

They are coming for xxxxx...”oh, don’t worry, it’s coming” (when they don’t)

whoever “they” is, it must be a long ass trip.

Cause they’ve been coming since 1968

Edited by Dric902
  • Thanks 1