Leftism in Today's Military

Gunboat1

8 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Joe, Commila, and Nancy are here.

Now.

With a majority.

They’ve had it before

been there for decades

whenever they have a lock on House, Senate, White House. What do they do, come for your guns? Come for your kids? Send you to FEMA camps?

they spend money and give it to their base

• Like 1

They pass laws ratcheting down our ability to exercise our freedoms, placing us at extreme legal risk for noncompliance.  They encourage our attackers like BLM/Antifa, while exercising judicial terrorism by selectively prosecuting self-defenders like the McCloskeys and Jacob Rittenhouse, actively disincentivizing armed self defense.  They import illegal aliens by the millions, enfranchising and planting them upon our social and political landscape, at our expense.  They tear down the monuments to our ancestors, attack our guardians and destroy the fabric of our civilization. 

All of which is leading towards an inevitable,  required and overdue explosion.   We either take our country back, or build a new one post-secession.

Edited by Gunboat1

Is there a right to secede from the Union, or did the Civil War settle that? 

Certain Tea Partiers have raised the possibility of getting out while the getting's good, setting off a round of debate on legal blogs. The more cerebral theorists at the smart legal blog The Volokh Conspiracy question whether such a right exists.

Enter a New York personal injury lawyer, and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. 

The lawyer, Eric Turkewitz, says his brother Dan, a screenwriter, put just such a question to all of the Supreme Court justices in 2006 -- he was working on an idea about Maine leaving the U.S.and a big showdown at the Supreme Court -- and Scalia responded. His answer was no:

"I am afraid I cannot be of much help with your problem, principally because I cannot imagine that such a question could ever reach the Supreme Court. To begin with, the answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede.

- Antonin Scalia

there will be no “rising up” until the cable goes out.

8 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

The "Right To Secede" may be conceded, to avoid a civil war, or reclaimed by the exercise of one.  It may happen whether the pantywaist blue states like it or not.

That was the Supreme Court Justice Scalia

I believe him over you, and your faux bravado

21 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

It wasn't even funny then. I know that show was a big hit with lots of people, but I never cared for it. But then I don't care for most tv at all anyway. Especially the canned laughter bullshit.

I have to confess, Alan Alda makes me sick to my stomach.  I remember when you could find that show on 24/7 if you had cable.  It was during a period when I stopped watching t.v. and was partly the reason why. 

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

I have to confess, Alan Alda makes me sick to my stomach.  I remember when you could find that show on 24/7 if you had cable.  It was during a period when I stopped watching t.v. and was partly the reason why. 

Never watched MASH regularly. Remember him for the movie “Same Time, Next Year”.Truth be told, I haven’t watched much TV in years... but probably did watch more than my current memory says I did. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Never watched MASH regularly. Remember him for the movie “Same Time, Next Year”.

I think he was more or less a box office flop.  Hawkeye was his only big success.  In his defense, due to his nasally accent, he did a passable Grouco imitation.  Me?  I'm more of a Chico fan.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:15 PM, Walt Longmire said:

It wasn't even funny then. I know that show was a big hit with lots of people, but I never cared for it. But then I don't care for most tv at all anyway. Especially the canned laughter bull****.

I’ve always thought that MASH was a stupid show. 

10 hours ago, NPTim said:

The first three seasons were great, then they became preachy. Hard pass!

After a while it seemed like Alda and that BJ guy were competing to see who could their picture beside "sanctimonious" in the dictionary.

• Like 1