New small Ford pickup spied

crockett

Ford didn't admit to anything yet but its certain that Ford will bring back a mini pickup, below the Ranger line, any time this year.

Below they discuss the couple photos taken today in Sand Diego when Ford was filming a first AD.

I think Ford missed the mark with this one. Its just a crossover with the roof missing over the rear.

What I REALLY would like to see is a small pickup the way they used to be, for $15,000:

- single cab (its about work getting done, not bringing your kids to school)

- long bed (room for tools, a ton of dirt, etc)

- true truck frame, not this car chassis bullshit

- 2.9 liter 4 cylinder engine without any forced induction. something that will last 300k miles and doesn't overheat when it needs to pull over rating a few times.

- manual 5 speed transmission

- solid rear and leaf springs

- tow rating of 10,000 lb, payload of 2,000, even if it only makes 55 mph fully loaded

- everything manual besides power steering. nothing that will fail soon and create repair costs.

only 3 addon packages:

- AWD for $2500

- lockable diffs for $1500

- power group for windows, locks, key fob for $500

But no, here we are yet again with some beta male crossover soccer mom bullshit with an assumed tow rating of a laughable 3,500 ponds and a tiny bed. More show than anything else. Heck my $3000 minivan beater has a 4000 lb tow rating and more room inside than this thing in the bed.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3

@crockett the truck you described up above would have a Mahindra nameplate. None of our boys would touch it, since it would virtually guarantee that there wouldn't be another vehicle purchase for years. They'd basically sell themselves out of business with that model.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tadbart said:

@crockett the truck you described up above would have a Mahindra nameplate. None of our boys would touch it, since it would virtually guarantee that there wouldn't be another vehicle purchase for years. They'd basically sell themselves out of business with that model.

Had to pull it up. You nailed it altogether.

Simple, purpose build and reliable.

Would be my last pickup purchase indeed.

image.png.3cf969cde0453a98ec72d37c57115d18.png

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3

I bought my 1988 Ranger new for $6,800.  I had to put a radio in it, but it had a 5 speed and got good gas mileage.  It was a very basic vehicle that served me well.  I didn't need a sport truck, just a vehicle I could take camping (and sleep in at the trail head). 

• Like 2

I want a unimog, the kind that can switch driver’s side easily. Pull a lever, lift a console panel, slide the steering, gas and brake pedal and viola, you go from continental to british in the blink of an eye.

• Like 3

I think part of the reason that you won't see a true low end offering from a U.S. manufacturer is that the margins are very low for that market segment.  And, they really don't want to cannibalize sales of their own higher margin trucks with a low end offering.  

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 2

i remember in 1990 ,  dad bought loaded   xlt lariat   for 13,800 out the door , he passed in 95  , if he would see prices now he would just pass out .   i bought my mustang 5.0 loaded in 89  12,500 otd .

my son in law just bought a brand new dodge   , i told him they are a pos and having all kinds of problems even with new ones .   i went for ride in it , nice ride , drove to town and asked how much ? 

52,000 bucks  . i bought **** .  no ******* way .

then  my daughter had to have mini van  they are starting a family soon . live in florida , bought a toyota sienna i think is name of it .  45,000 for a ******* mini van !!  i say again a mini van /  i just 

got real quiet  she said anything you wanna say ? said nope . your money not mine .  roflmao  

the maverick  looks like the baby  of a honda ridgeline and suburu brat

Edited by ASH

• 3 months later...

Ford now advertising this joke of a "truck"" to the indented clueless and woke toolbags lol

The bed is so small that nothing fits into it.

From a distance, this PR photo looks like bicycles fit in the bed.

unknown.png

And when you zoom in, you see this:

unknown.png

They ******* took the front wheel off and placed it sideways to make the bed look bigger and more useful. Who does that?!

Needless to say, those bicycles are also not full-size.

I won't call this pickup Maverick, I'll call this thing pickup for toolbags.

The world we live in... made for dumb sheep... I swear.

Edited by crockett

Same with the new Hyundai. Why even bother with a tiny bed like that. You will fit much more into a minivan and **** won't get rained on.

2022-hyundai-santa-cruz_100788694_m.jpg

Yeah, my next truck will be a F-450 dually or the new RAM 3500 long bed Limited midnight edition. I can't stand half-assed ****.

image0.png

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, gwalchmai said:

With a program for the radio to sound like a truck engine. 

Don’t laugh. One of my hobbies involves ride-on miniature trains, 7-1/2” gauge. The hobby started with people learning to operate machine tools (or already knowing how) and carving a miniature steam locomotives from cast iron parts and raw steel.

Then came diesel outline locomotives with internal combustion or battery power. Now steam locomotive outline units are appearing with battery power and sound systems.

Interests have gone from a machinists’ hobby with railroad operation to an operators’ hobby with kits or finished locomotives purchased. As labor has been transferred from DIY machinist to manufacturer out of pocket costs for the hobbyists have increased significantly. At the same time participation has increased.

Soon enough your electric truck can sound like a mighty diesel if you wish. 

Another Ford advertisement aimed at the woke target market. Yeah, lets buy I pickup so my music band can use the bed for the PA equipment and instruments. What will they do when it rains? Pull a tarp over everything? What will they do when they stop for a lunch at Cracker Barrel on their way to the next gig out of state? Bring all the **** inside so nobody steals it?

Are they selling solutions or useless dreams to clueless kiddos?

cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

Another Ford advertisement aimed at the woke target market. Yeah, lets buy I pickup so my music band can use the bed for the PA equipment and instruments. What will they do when it rains? Pull a tarp over everything? What will they do when they stop for a lunch at Cracker Barrel on their way to the next gig out of state? Bring all the **** inside so nobody steals it?

Are they selling solutions or useless dreams to clueless kiddos?

cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg

Early in my working life my supervisor was a marketing guru. He said “Sell the sizzle not the steak.” Still the essence of marketing. 

Edited by railfancwb
Fix word misuse

35 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Early in my working life my supervisor was a marketing guru. He said “Sale the sizzle not the steak.” Still the essence of marketing. 

Yeah and I get that with sports cars for example that nobody drives them at top speed, let alone brings it to the track, but a PICKUP that was always meant to be for work or trailering and can't do any of that?! The hybrid version of that Maverick joke can trailer up to 2,000 pounds. 2000! What the **** is that?! My stupid minivan can trailer TWICE as much.

I could care less about a useless product, but this is a prime example for the retarded world we live in these days. Everything is fucked up, gay, blindfolded, criminal, manipulated and / or woke. Entire country is being turned into a circus and now even Ford is jumping on this bandwagon for losers.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

This was my first truck. It was white, no radio ( I installed one), no a/c, vinyl seats, manual transmission. I think I paid around $7,000 for it brand new. I wish they made those.

Pin on Toyota Motor Company Car Advertisements

Edited by Duluth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Duluth said:

This was my first truck. It was white, no radio ( I installed one), no a/c, vinyl seats, manual transmission. I think I paid around $7,000 for it brand new. I wish they made those.

Love it. I'd buy that truck new, today, even for 20k.

6 hours ago, Duluth said:

Make no mistake - they're selling the sizzle in that ad. The sizzle is about being one's own boss running a "completely independent contracting bidness". It's no more realistic than the metrosexual band of models in the Ford ad. 

• Like 1