New small Ford pickup spied

crockett

12 hours ago, crockett said:

Yeah and I get that with sports cars for example that nobody drives them at top speed, let alone brings it to the track, but a PICKUP that was always meant to be for work or trailering and can't do any of that?! The hybrid version of that Maverick joke can trailer up to 2,000 pounds. 2000! What the **** is that?! My stupid minivan can trailer TWICE as much.

I could care less about a useless product, but this is a prime example for the retarded world we live in these days. Everything is ****ed up, gay, blindfolded, criminal, manipulated and / or woke. Entire country is being turned into a circus and now even Ford is jumping on this bandwagon for losers.

And what about Ford’s battery F-150?

40 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Make no mistake - they're selling the sizzle in that ad. The sizzle is about being one's own boss running a "completely independent contracting bidness". It's no more realistic than the metrosexual band of models in the Ford ad. 

You didn't see them loading fagit e-bikes into the bed, back in the 80s. Not in the ads, not in real life.

Many of these trucks ended up on farmland.

Edited by crockett

26 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

And what about Ford’s battery F-150?

Biden pretended to drive it in a Ford PR stunt. Target market: brain dead and Dem voting toolbags.

EV trucks make no sense. Once you put 14k pounds behind it, the range will drop from 300 to 100 miles. Good luck trying to pull a trailer through 2 states in one day. They are a wannabe solution for soccer moms and beta males that drop of their retarded kids for arts school.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

Biden pretended to drive it in a Ford PR stunt. Target market: brain dead and Dem voting toolbags.

EV trucks make no sense. Once you put 14k pounds behind it, the range will drop from 300 to 100 miles. Good luck trying to pull a trailer through 2 states in one day. They are a wannabe solution for soccer moms and beta males that drop of their retarded kids for arts school.

I wonder if the whole EV push is really to restrict citizen’s travel range. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I wonder if the whole EV push is really to restrict citizen’s travel range. 

The way they pushed lock-downs on us, one thing became very clear: any Dem administration is only out for one final goal: people control. If people don't wake up, we will end up in a one party dictatorship much like China, where the state and the community is 10 times more important than individual rights.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

The way they pushed lock-downs on us, one thing became very clear: any Dem administration is only out for one final goal: people control. If people don't wake up, we will end up in a one party dictatorship much like China, where the state and the community is 10 times more important than individual rights.

And by then, individuals will no longer have rights. Only permissions. The nation is disturbingly close to that now. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, crockett said:

You didn't see them loading fagit e-bikes into the bed, back in the 80s. Not in the ads, not in real life.

Many of these trucks ended up on farmland.

They didn't have fagit e-bikes in the 80s. If they did, and Madison Avenue thought it would sell trucks, they'd have been in the ads. 

Full disclosure, I bought a '78 SR-5 Long Bed in '78, to carry my dirt bike (which I didn't yet own) to the Montana wilderness and to hunt & fish and fulfill my dreams of escape. Until Monday morning when I had to get back to work... :supergrin: 

It was a decent truck, if you didn't push it too hard. I sold it with 125k in '89. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

And by then, individuals will no longer have rights. Only permissions. The nation is disturbingly close to that now. 

You would think that in todays world, with all the tech for information we have, this wouldn't be possible anymore. But too many are stuck in FaceBook and on cnn.com. They don't make up a mind based on independent, raw data. They all eat out of the Dems biased and agenda driven hand.

Which brings me back to my old topic: 90% of all humans are followers. They WANT a government they can follow, because they are not capable of living without a leader. People that expect the alpha to take care of them by providing free health care, unemployment money equal to a full job's payment, free education including a college degree, social security even for those that didn't put much in, feeling protected from those that want freedom from government because they undermine their need for a big government aka gun control, criminals that hope to get away with different forms of theft, people that don't believe in personal property and want a part of your belongings because they are too weak to archive those goals, etc.

We let the weak take control in this country, and now we will be taken out the backdoor.

We gave up being the alpha in the room and now they will take over by numbers.

This part of the cycle can be seen in many other countries.

We stopped our own evolution.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

They didn't have fagit e-bikes in the 80s. If they did, and Madison Avenue thought it would sell trucks, they'd have been in the ads. 

Full disclosure, I bought a '78 SR-5 Long Bed in '78, to carry my dirt bike (which I didn't yet own) to the Montana wilderness and to hunt & fish and fulfill my dreams of escape. Until Monday morning when I had to get back to work... :supergrin: 

It was a decent truck, if you didn't push it too hard. I sold it with 125k in '89. 

Dude :)

Look at the allover direction we are heading, even in those ads. Back in the 80s it was "in" to be strong, to have a tough job in the real world, doing real man's work.

And now look again at the ads from today. They now aim at the weak, at beta males that often live a life in the online and gaming world, at people with jobs that can be done from home on a zoom meeting, at females that are supposed to use a pickup to move their music instruments around that could be done with any SUV (no harm indented). They now even push their stupid racial idea on us by putting a person of color in EVERY ******* ad.

These days its not about a proper product anymore, its about a political massage that tries to make followers and betas look equally strong.

Humans are NOT equal. That's just reality. By trying to archive this equal feel-good goal, we are basically throwing evolution out of the window. This so called progressivism will take us back, because we will start implementing ideas and solutions that will make things worse, even for the environment.

The only reason why I'm pointing these ads out, is to make people aware of how much we are being manipulated, now even by companies like Ford. And in the process they sell a useless product to clueless customers that never needed a pickup to begin with.

The Maverick isn't even a pickup. It's based on the Ford Escape. Its a small to mid size SUV without a roof over the trunk. Only clueless idiots will buy this in my book.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

The Ford Maverick has a 4.5' long bed. My minivan can carry 8' long plywood sheets, with the trunk lid closed, protecting the wood from the rain.

The Ford Maverick hybrid can tow max 2,000 pounds, while my minivan can tow up to 4,500 pounds.

Think about it! A gay ass soccer mom minivan is now TWICE as capable as a modern age PICKUP, and people are going to buy this **** of a Maverick. That's the twisted world we live in.

--

And now look at a REAL pickup like a RAM 3500 single cab diesel that can pull 37,000 pounds. That's almost 20 times as much as this Maverick joke. 20 times!

I think I'll come out of retirement. In this woke world I bet I can sell electric butt plugs to Prius owners...

Edited by crockett

My 1st truck was a 1950 Ford F1 with the 100 horse flathead V8. I bought it in 1970. My next truck I bought brand new and is still in the family. A 1975 F-250 4x4 High Boy. 4 speed with granny gear, manual hubs. I'd venture to say I hauled 100 dead deer in it, dirt bikes. cedar shake bolts, firewood, and did several seasons of hauling totes of salmon off remote beaches in Alaska after I swapped the factory bed for a custom built flat bed. 

The Maverick will be bought by dudes wearing skinny jeans. They'll look like that doofus pushing the hand truck out of HD in a shopping cart, except they'll have a man bun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

My 1st truck was a 1950 Ford F1 with the 100 horse flathead V8. I bought it in 1970. My next truck I bought brand new and is still in the family. A 1975 F-250 4x4 High Boy. 4 speed with granny gear, manual hubs. I'd venture to say I hauled 100 dead deer in it, dirt bikes. cedar shake bolts, firewood, and did several seasons of hauling totes of salmon off remote beaches in Alaska after I swapped the factory bed for a custom built flat bed. 

The Maverick will be bought by dudes wearing skinny jeans. They'll look like that doofus pushing the hand truck out of HD in a shopping cart, except they'll have a man bun.

Thanks for the thread closer.

I have a small collection of trucks. 

Someday I'll be the Jay Leno of trucks.:abovelol:

Anyway, not a single one is less than a one ton.

Over half are diesel.

The old navistar idi motors will run on just about any kind of oil, used motor oil, fryer oil, etc. The pre cups stay so hot that it purrs right along, just have to watch out for cold weather. You want to start and stop them on regular diesel and add a heated tank for the other oils.

Looking at a F650 that is duel fuel, runs on propane or CNG. Might be a fun addition to the fleet. I'll have to make it 4x4. Only have one truck right now that isn't 4x4 and I'm planning to sell it.

20 hours ago, crockett said:

Ford now advertising this joke of a "truck"" to the indented clueless and woke toolbags lol

The bed is so small that nothing fits into it.

From a distance, this PR photo looks like bicycles fit in the bed.

unknown.png

And when you zoom in, you see this:

unknown.png

They ****ing took the front wheel off and placed it sideways to make the bed look bigger and more useful. Who does that?!

Needless to say, those bicycles are also not full-size.

I won't call this pickup Maverick, I'll call this thing pickup for toolbags.

The world we live in... made for dumb sheep... I swear.

That's just a trunk without a lid

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crockett said:

The Ford Maverick has a 4.5' long bed. My minivan can carry 8' long plywood sheets, with the trunk lid closed, protecting the wood from the rain.

The Ford Maverick hybrid can tow max 2,000 pounds, while my minivan can tow up to 4,500 pounds.

Think about it! A gay ass soccer mom minivan is now TWICE as capable as a modern age PICKUP, and people are going to buy this **** of a Maverick. That's the twisted world we live in.

--

And now look at a REAL pickup like a RAM 3500 single cab diesel that can pull 37,000 pounds. That's almost 20 times as much as this Maverick joke. 20 times!

I think I'll come out of retirement. In this woke world I bet I can sell electric butt plugs to Prius owners...

My little Honda fit has a 2000 pound tow rating.

6 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

My little Honda fit has a 2000 pound tow rating.

When you fold that rear seat down, you will have more room than this ""pickup"" in the bed.

Full size bicycle fits and they don't have to take the front wheel off to make it work.

And nothing gets rained on.

2019-Honda-Fit-Utility-Mode.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

I doubt either of the people in the ad have ever camped, built a fire, used an outhouse, and maybe never rode a bike.

You mean like 90% of the clowns in Hollywood? Those guys that know everything about the world and we should listen to?

25 minutes ago, crockett said:

When you fold that rear seat down, you will have more room than this ""pickup"" in the bed.

Full size bicycle fits and they don't have to take the front wheel off to make it work.

And nothing gets rained on.

2019-Honda-Fit-Utility-Mode.jpg

actually if i fold the seat bottom up i can fit a kids bike upright in the floorboard

• Like 1

For the towing, the U.S. does err on the side of caution with a lot of towing capabilities.

In the U.S. my car is rated to tow 1000 lbs, and some years (of the same generation) they even recommend not to tow at all.

In Europe it's the caravan (camper) towing car of the year multiple years in a row, with a 3500 lb tow rating.

13 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

For the towing, the U.S. does err on the side of caution with a lot of towing capabilities.

In the U.S. my car is rated to tow 1000 lbs, and some years (of the same generation) they even recommend not to tow at all.

In Europe it's the caravan (camper) towing car of the year multiple years in a row, with a 3500 lb tow rating.

But not with pickups.

This RAM pulls over 37,000 pounds, rated for US market. You won't even find anything remotely close to this in Europe.

MY21-RAM-3500-capability-hero-01.jpg