Single cab long bed truck

crockett

They used to be the ultimate work and farm truck, but nowadays those sucker moms want to give their 3 kids a ride to school and get some dirt on the way back from Home Depot. They sell it as "crew" cab because Baby Trolley Cab wouldn't fly with the beta males, yet. But the Dems are working on it.

I own a RAM 1500 single cab long bed in 4WD and with the Hemi. Got a great deal a couple years ago because it was sitting on the lot for 10 months. Some 31% off. It pulls plenty, but I have a mid size 5th wheel camper in mind, down the road.

That being said, I used to own a couple GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Denali, and I REALLY miss a diesel in my RAM . So I may sell it and get a new RAM 3500 with the Cummins diesel.

They have a new low volume color and I can't stop thinking about it.

That's a real truck in my eyes.

Any love for single cab long beds?

iris.png

Edited by crockett
  • Like 4

Love them. I currently have a crew cab 3500 because we built it up to replace my motor home. The motor home wouldn’t go wherever wanted to go. The Ram will. 

I’ve had 7 trucks. 5 were single cab. The best “Guy Car” ever. I’m interested in a mid 70s F250 2 wheel drive with a great body and frame.

My mechanic will go through the suspension and brakes then drop in a new crate motor and transmission. More power, better reliability, better mileage and lower emissions than new. I could easily get 250K miles out of it as a daily driver. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Love them. I currently have a crew cab 3500 because we built it up to replace my motor home. The motor home wouldn’t go wherever wanted to go. The Ram will. 

I’ve had 7 trucks. 5 were single cab. The best “Guy Car” ever. I’m interested in a mid 70s F250 2 wheel drive with a great body and frame.

My mechanic will go through the suspension and brakes then drop in a new crate motor and transmission. More power, better reliability, better mileage and lower emissions than new. I could easily get 250K miles out of it as a daily driver. 

A Highboy would be a fun build! Did they also come with a diesel? I'd be good with an old, none turbo diesel. Need to slow down anyways...

• Like 1

The one I miss the most. This exact model and color. 67 Chevy. No power brakes or steering. AM radio. No AC. 327 with a 4 pot Rochester. Had our company name in big white letters on the bed. Professional letters and stripe job. Looked great. 

00BDACCF-0E54-49F3-9BC9-69024DD82696.jpeg

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Like 2

I was single cab only for years, much better turning radius. Still have two of my old single cab trucks. 

A CC long bed does tow better due to axle spread. They addressed the turning radius issue about 2004 and the new CCs turn about as sharp as the old single cabs.

Current truck is a CC long bed. I have to admit it's great for camping and taking the boat out. My boat is really only comfortable with four people, maybe five if three are small kids, so the truck can haul everyone that is going to ride in the boat.

Part of the reason I got the CC is I couldn't find a single cab, anywhere, for any price, in the used market. If I ordered a new one they said it was a six month wait to have it made. I found a good used CC and so far I'm happy with it overall.

• Like 1

Our family had a big four door Chevy truck when I was a teenager. There was plenty of room for us kids to ride inside, but we would prefer to ride in the open bed with the dogs on road trips. Me and my brothers would bring a cooler packed with beer and ice. Not once did we utter..."Are we there yet?"

These hide-a-beer covers came in handy...

My parents in the front seats, didn't have a clue. 

Image result for hide a beer cover

Edited by Duluth
  • Like 1

I currently have 3 pickups. My hunting/work truck is a single cab, 8' bed F250 4x4 with the 5.8 gasser and auto trans. My 'town truck' is a F150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4 with a 6 speed auto and the 5.4 gasser. I recently bought a Super Duty with the V10 and manual transmission and 4x4. It is a super cab short bed.

My first truck which I bought when I was in high school was a 1950 Ford with the 100 horse flathead V8. I have owned a lot of trucks since including a 1975 F250 High Boy 4x4 I bought brand new, and is currently resting in my son's driveway. It's pretty used up. 

I was driving my big truck yesterday. The Kenworth. Has a 525 horse N14, 18 speed, and 46K full locking rears.