It's finally a winter wonderland

We've had a couple dustings, but nothing on the ground yet to stay yet this season.

Hooked up to the Fisher a couple weeks ago to test it and change hydraulic fluid.

Ski-Doooo fired up and ready to go.

Won't break my heart if both of them just gather dust this winter due to lack of snow.   That magic died  a few years ago and gets even deader every year.

Ski-Doo 23 Dec 11.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FullClip said:

We've had a couple dustings, but nothing on the ground yet to stay yet this season.

Hooked up to the Fisher a couple weeks ago to test it and change hydraulic fluid.

Ski-Doooo fired up and ready to go.

Won't break my heart if both of them just gather dust this winter due to lack of snow.   That magic died  a few years ago and gets even deader every year.

Ski-Doo 23 Dec 11.JPG

That Skidoo would be just the ticket for riding out on the Refuge here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

That Skidoo would be just the ticket for riding out on the Refuge here. 

Yup....it ain't a speed demon with the little 600 4-stroke, but quiet, great mileage and with the 154" track, it floats pretty good.  I've added a belly pan since this pic to help with the front end in deep snow....if we ever get any.

• Like 2

I did a few chores in the garage and then fired up the Snow Go and went for a ride. Got my 2 stroke smoke fix. Was running 70-80 on some of the back roads. My fastest sled these days tops out about 100, but I've had some that could hit 120 on the right surface. Doesn't take long to get to the other end of the lake at 120.

• Like 3

Light dusting here in the Heartland.  The last few years we really have not had winter.  No snow to speak of.  Temps mild for the cold weather months. 

I don't really mind winter, especially since I'm retired now and don't have to hit the road every day for all parts of Indiana.  And I do like the change of seasons. 

Nice to go to Arizona or Florida for a couple of weeks mid winter, but no way I would want to live year around in either state. 

12 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I've got a doctor's visit scheduled. We'll see. tom. :dunno:

Ha, so do I, out by Harbor freight on the way to the airport.  But I always schedule late morning or early afternoon, 

Just put the snow tires on the Subaru Sunday. 

any Subaru wrx or Sti owners? | TigerDroppings.com

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pittpa said:

Ha, so do I, out by Harbor freight on the way to the airport.  But I always schedule late morning or early afternoon, 

Just put the snow tires on the Subaru Sunday. 

any Subaru wrx or Sti owners? | TigerDroppings.com

My main concern is backing down my driveway. It's like a ski slope. tom.

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

I have literally done that in traffic in Kenai when I got caught up in the ruts.

I did it in my 78 Monte Carlo on a sharp interstate exit ramp in the snow with an 18 Wheeler following me.  Luckily, I had practiced Bat turns in that car on 2 lane roads (both forward and backward)  and calmly completed a 360 and kept moving. That was Before dash cams.

I didn't start using 4 snow tires until I bought my first Subaru in 2000.

Team Batman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2020 at 1:00 PM, Walt Longmire said:

Started snowing last night. Have about 7-8 inches now and still coming down. Forecast says it will snow till evening with a total of about 12 inches. I'll have to fire up the front end loader and do some plowing soon. Likely hauling snow in town with the KW on Monday. There is more snow in the forecast this week. Time to get the snow goes out and play.

For you it's "play", for me it's work.  ?

40 minutes ago, pittpa said:

I did it in my 78 Monte Carlo on a sharp interstate exit ramp in the snow with an 18 Wheeler following me.  Luckily, I had practiced Bat turns in that car on 2 lane roads (both forward and backward)  and calmly completed a 360 and kept moving. That was Before dash cams.

I didn't start using 4 snow tires until I bought my first Subaru in 2000.

Team Batman

My (now ex) wife was with me at the time and asked why I didn't pull over after it happened. I told her I wanted everyone who saw it to think I did it on purpose. She did a 360 in traffic at 55 in a Ford Bronco 2 with me along as a passenger. We both accused each other of being the person that was bellowing the death rattle. I was sure it was her, but the claw marks in the dash on the passenger side were definitely mine.

• Haha 3

I was coming at another car while in my Dodge 4x4, and the other car started a very slow spin while coming at me.  

I swear to God this is true!  I watched the spin and couldn't go around the other car in time so I did a intentional spin too.

As the other car was going broadside to me I spun the rear end around it, cleared it by a few feet, and straightened  out going my intended direction.

So help me it was like a slow motion ballet.........

The most difficult evasion mentally I ever did, was sliding on pure ice and heading to stopped traffic.  Brakes didn't do a thing.  I still had some distance, so I locked up the brakes as hard as I could, shifted the auto trans into reverse and started to go down with the accelerator.

It wasn't like brakes, but, it did noticeably slow me down so I could stop before hitting anyone.

I did that another time with my adult son in the car and afterwards he couldn't stop talking about just how frightening it was, hearing the tires spinning on the ice (in reverse) while watching the other car getting closer.  It worked again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I just finished shoveling my driveway and sidewalks and the neighbor's sidewalk for the second time today. I'll haul the trash out in a little while and then I'm pulling the cork on the Scotch early today. tom. :drink:

I plowed 2 acres at my shop, and then did the driveway at the house. Deck and sidewalk clear. Did some tinkering on the loader when the plowing was done. Snow haul in town tomorrow. It's raining. I'm surprised we got called out for hauling. When the snow is wet it has a tendency to plug the chute on the Kodiak blower that is mounted on the front of the Cat 950. Oh well. They can pay me while I watch them unplug it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1