watching some you tube videos

ASH

so  ive been here on porch  just playing some old school  70ties rock and some skynard    and  i got to thinking  ive watched like 2 hours of old videos  and concerts  and

it just popped in my head  maybe someone can answer lol .     why were people in the 70ties all ugly ?? lol  the crowds  , the bands , fans   and i mean like newscasters 

reporters   etc  were all ugly .   i was 8 in 76  and im ugly mfer  . im not picking on anyone , its just everyone was ugly .  and thru the years people got better looking  i wonder in another

10 years people will look like . 

• Haha 1

Because styles change. What was considered attractive in the 70s no longer is. That and the advent of cosmetic surgery, to include, lypo, implants, Botox and the fact that everyone in the public eye now has what I refer to as “newscaster teeth” all contribute to what you call “better looking”. 

More food for thought:The whole beauty industry has grown expeditiously. My mom never in her life had a manicure/pedicure/ lash extension/ facial/message/brow wax etc. She was lucky to have a salon haircut every six months and even then,  she always went to the local beauty school. 

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, tous said:

And why was there only one haircut?

Great pickers, fluffy hair.

The Seventies.

Big hair era.  Rather funny.  Look at some of the Women Country singers carrying it to the extreme.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

MTV changed everything in ‘81

fashion statements, makeup, plastic surgery, Glam Rock

the weird, long haired and nosed, skinny armed.....and incredibly talented rockers from the seventies and eighties.

fell to the Autotuned, hawt, Enhanced, slick production over content, generic sounding music that can’t be distinguished from each other

Ann Wilson, Stevie Nicks were absolutely beautiful and you could tell their voices in the first verse In a song you never heard before.

Three Dog Night, Janice Joplin were ugly as sin, and you still recognized them.

its not about the music anymore, it’s about the video.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

MTV changed everything in ‘81

fashion statements, makeup, plastic surgery, Glam Rock

the weird, long haired and nosed, skinny armed.....and incredibly talented rockers from the seventies and eighties.

fell to the Autotuned, hawt, Enhanced, slick production over content, generic sounding music that can’t be distinguished from each other

Ann Wilson, Stevie Nicks were absolutely beautiful and you could tell their voices in the first verse In a song you never heard before.

Three Dog Night, Janice Joplin were ugly as sin, and you still recognized them.

its not about the music anymore, it’s about the video.

I love music, but with marginal hearing I can't separate the vocals from the band.  The band overpowering the singer seems to be the norm now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zonny said:

Because styles change. What was considered attractive in the 70s no longer is. That and the advent of cosmetic surgery, to include, lypo, implants, Botox and the fact that everyone in the public eye now has what I refer to as “newscaster teeth” all contribute to what you call “better looking”. 

More food for thought:The whole beauty industry has grown expeditiously. My mom never in her life had a manicure/pedicure/ lash extension/ facial/message/brow wax etc. She was lucky to have a salon haircut every six months and even then,  she always went to the local beauty school. 

You nailed that perfect.  Thanks, I am from that era.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Long hair looked good on some people. Here's a picture of me in 1975 two years after getting out of the military, with my dog, a Lab-Shepard mix/

ron young.jpg

Was there a guy in the 70s who DIDN'T own a jean jacket? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrB said:

I still have a few in the closet along with my 70's era fringed leather buckskin jacket.

Dave..

I have always preferred them for Summer around town.  Light jacket is just a little more camo over the pistol.

I used to peruse the gun manufacturers for apparel on clearance, and I still have one from Smith & Wesson left that I got for $20.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maser said:

Was there a guy in the 70s who DIDN'T own a jean jacket? 

around here everyone in the 80ties had one around here lol .   i still got some lol.    i still have my members only jacket from high school. and it still fits somewhat lol   ,wife wants to throw it out 

i remember my giirlfriend  and her friends would have bleach party  and kinda tie dye the jackets and purposely cut holes in them lol .  i never got the jest of taking a 60 dollar levi jacket and cut holes in it lol 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Getting back to 1970s ugliness, I'm not so sure it was the long hair because look at someone like Jim Morrison.  I'm not gay, but if I was to be turned, it would be from someone like him. He was a very attractive man.  Granted he did look awful with a beard.  Great, now I gotta go listen to Roadhouse Blues!  RIP Jim Morrison.  One of my favorite Liberals of all time!