I Never Get Tired of Watching...

Eric

Sometimes,  I'd get to work in the morning and the blimp would be right overhead,  engines screaming,  pointed into the strong winds,  towards the field,  several miles away.

When you came out at the end of the day,  it would be in the exact same spot,  engines screaming,  pointed towards the field.

• Like 1

I don't know whose troops those are, but they were very lackadaisical getting to and boarding the aircraft.

No way those were American lads.

And what was with the broom?

I also noted a safety flag on the frost gear that vanished right before launch.

Come to think of it, the ground crewman also vanished.

I love the sound of turbines in the morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tous said:

I don't know whose troops those are, but they were very lackadaisical getting to and boarding the aircraft.

No way those were American lads.

And what was with the broom?

I also noted a safety flag on the frost gear that vanished right before launch.

Come to think of it, the ground crewman also vanished.

I love the sound of turbines in the morning.

My question is that, if they can teleport that ground person, then what purpose does the helicopter serve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bish1309 said:

See if you like this one. . . 

First thing I thought of was a long winded dissertation on alias errors in digital sampling. (In analog the shutter quantizes the signal so it all applies to analog too.  I thought better of it.

Sometimes I realize that nobody cares...

Although, during the Viet Nam War the North Vietnamese used vertical black paint stripes on railway cars to defeat that era smart missiles via sampling errors.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:04 AM, Eric said:

I saw this at Joint Airbase Andrews years ago. This video doesn't do any justice to that plane.

It came from behind us sitting in the stands, flew low over-head, pulled up in a climb and then stopped. It just hung there in the air, with it's nose pointing skyward, perfectly still except for it's screaming engines. Then it's nose fell forward as the plane went horizontal, and it sped off towards the horizon away from us like something out of a cartoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, M&P15T said:

I saw this at Joint Airbase Andrews years ago. This video doesn't do any justice to that plane.

It came from behind us sitting in the stands, flew low over-head, pulled up in a climb and then stopped. It just hung there in the air, with it's nose pointing skyward, perfectly still except for it's screaming engines. Then it's nose fell forward as the plane went horizontal, and it sped off towards the horizon away from us like something out of a cartoon.

Nothing compares to pure power and vectored thrust!

• Like 2