What's your fave Beatles song?

gwalchmai

Across the Universe, because i like the Message of 'whatever happens,happens" and the lyrics are some of Lennons best.

the simple song overly complicated but mixing and electronic key changes and sound manipulation i like the little birds on the Wildlife Version.

or the beginning of The Beatles Studio experimenting and backtracking and layering and mixing and overdubbing that basically changed Music as we know it.Lennon`s voice is being recorded on 2 different machines each with a seperate track and all drivin by a different generator so they dont turn at the same speed and create different frequencies, inventing the Artificial Double Track then played through an organ speaker to add Echo, who does that?

Tomorrow Never Knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maser said:

Definitely this one.  Ringo's drums are so awesome in this song!

Rain an dPaperback writer wer very similar and the bass had a different sound. Legend has it 6that it was either McCartney or Harrison on either a Rickenbacher or Harrison on a Burns Nu-Sonic bass.

Heres a video where a guy breaks down the vocals on Rain:

And here's a breakdown on the guitar drums, and bass and he attributes the two guitar parts to Lennon and McCartney which probably means it was likely Harrison on bass unless either the second guitar or the bass was dubbed in.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

On December 29, 2019 at 11:47 PM, holyjohnson said:

Across the Universe, because i like the Message of 'whatever happens,happens" and the lyrics are some of Lennons best.

the simple song overly complicated but mixing and electronic key changes and sound manipulation i like the little birds on the Wildlife Version.

or the beginning of The Beatles Studio experimenting and backtracking and layering and mixing and overdubbing that basically changed Music as we know it.Lennon`s voice is being recorded on 2 different machines each with a seperate track and all drivin by a different generator so they dont turn at the same speed and create different frequencies, inventing the Artificial Double Track then played through an organ speaker to add Echo, who does that?

Tomorrow Never Knows.

Tomorrow Never Knows is a fantastic song that really unlocks the door to 1967 and, as I can it, Beatles 2.0

• Like 1

^^^^^ oh yes!!!!^^^^^ it's REALLY hard to pick a favorite. 

BTW: if you've never seen the 2017 PBS production "Eight Days a Week", directed by Ron Howard, you should make attempts to find it if you're a fan.

Really a good production with a lot of scoop you probably never knew about the Fab Four.

https://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/pbs-announces-broadcast-premiere-of-ron-howards-acclaimed-film-the-beatles-eight-days-a-week-the-touring-years/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Took me a while to realize she was the gal who played the harlot cousin in Downton Abbey.

Never watched that show. She was Cinderella in Cinderella, she was Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice & Zombies, also in Baby Diver.