Sketchy Face Pickers

Saw this dude sitting in a nice car in front of the post office. He was going to town on the face picking. Hitting it with a paper towel also. He looked like a homeless person. Well after I go inside the p.o. he shows up. Looked like he got shot in the face with bird shot. Acting all twitchy too. Couldn't look anyone in the face. Was it the meth or the heroin? I don't get how people want to get on that train.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, railfancwb said:

Have seen it suggested that a massive OD from confiscated heroin could be an alternate to the execution by injection routine for which some companies refuse to sell chemicals to prisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it weren't so sick it would be funny.  Dopers get so high they kill themselves, but if you offer it to them for free, liberals say it's cruel and unusual punishment.

Why don't we ask the dopers what they prefer.

I have read of some cases where the first responders save the druggie's life with Narcan, then the Druggie gets violent because they ruined his high.

We could let them inject it themselves and simplify it for everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, Zonny said:

Makes you wonder what kind of life they had previously and just how bad it was if drugs with results like that are a somehow justified means of escape.

I guess I relate it to a grandson.  His father constantly told him he was nothing and would never be anything.  We fought for 20 years to convince him otherwise.

Now he says "this time he's determined to have a life".  I certainly hope so, I think it's his last chance and I told him he's welcome at my home. 

But, I needed to see some proof "this time".  Parents can do real damage to a child's self respect and determination. 

It cost me $43,000 to get my daughter back.  The father (he's an ex-con) tried to threaten me, I laughed at him and bought everyone of my daughters their own firearms.  Turns out this tough guy is afraid of guns.

Sorry for the rant.  I feel very strongly about a'holes destroying a child's will!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I recently read a thing about Silicon-Valley-types that "micro-dose" LSD,  to keep going and get ahead.

I don't know what a "micro" is,  but they say it works.

And I don't know what a barrel is,  or a cube,  or a blotter, or a drop,  or a tab, or any of that.

They must be all messed up.

Making $700K per year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maser said:

Not trying to promote meth use here, but there's plenty of functional users out there that don't look even remotely as bad as the addicts look.  Like with any other vice, self-control is key. 

You left out the key word, yet. There is no moderation in meth. It can take longer to get to the dreadful endpoint, but get to it they will. Some will hit bottom and not show signs and will fight their fight, while others won’t.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I recently read a thing about Silicon-Valley-types that "micro-dose" LSD,  to keep going and get ahead.

I don't know what a "micro" is,  but they say it works.

And I don't know what a barrel is,  or a cube,  or a blotter, or a drop,  or a tab, or any of that.

They must be all messed up.

Making $700K per year.

Psychedelics are being studied for depression, anxiety, and PTSD. LSD was used for treating alcoholism in the ‘50’s.

I want to say Errol Flynn was treated with LSD for his alcoholism. I may be mistaken however.

Edited by NPTim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

Psychedelics are being studied for depression, anxiety, and PTSD. LSD was used for treating alcoholism in the ‘50’s.

I want to say Errol Flynn was treated with LSD for his alcoholism. I may be mistaken however.

Ketamine is being used to treat depression and migraines. There are even walk-in ketamine clinics in some states. Not gonna lie- that has piqued my interest...

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 6:29 PM, janice6 said:

If it weren't so sick it would be funny.  Dopers get so high they kill themselves, but if you offer it to them for free, liberals say it's cruel and unusual punishment.

Why don't we ask the dopers what they prefer.

I have read of some cases where the first responders save the druggie's life with Narcan, then the Druggie gets violent because they ruined his high.

We could let them inject it themselves and simplify it for everyone.

Was taught that in the ambulance, give just enough narcan to improve breathing, because they almost always get combative because you ruin the buzz. In the ER we just gave the narcan and noted the time they eloped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 2:11 AM, NPTim said:

Cary Grant, great Documentary on his LSD use in his Mental Health Issues called "Becoming Cary Grant" 

also a couple Movies about Grant Meeting Timothy Leary.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, Maser said:

Not trying to promote meth use here, but there's plenty of functional users out there that don't look even remotely as bad as the addicts look.  Like with any other vice, self-control is key. 

i`m sure there are for awhile.

i used to work in an area full of Meth heads everyday i`d go back an forth around them, it was easy to watch them go from normal people to the picture of a Meth head, took about a year mostly.

there used to be functional Crackheads and Heroin Addicts, never trust a Junkie.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i`m sure there are for awhile.

i used to work in an area full of Meth heads everyday i`d go back an forth around them, it was easy to watch them go from normal people to the picture of a Meth head, took about a year mostly.

there used to be functional Crackheads and Heroin Addicts, never trust a Junkie.

I'm not sure if Eric would want me to respond to this the way I want to due to my age at the time back when I was 12. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1