School is Done

tadbart

Today was the last day of nurse practitioner school. We had a potluck, and just walked around campus taking photos. Also jumped into the fountain and took some pics in there. Got chased out by security, but we caught the pics of us in lab coats in the fountain, so whatever. Got home, and my authorization to sit for boards greeted me.

Helluva day. Gonna miss my school and colleagues.

Now, I got a test to study for.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Today was the last day of nurse practitioner school. We had a potluck, and just walked around campus taking photos. Also jumped into the fountain and took some pics in there. Got chased out by security, but we caught the pics of us in lab coats in the fountain, so whatever. Got home, and my authorization to sit for boards greeted me.

Helluva day. Gonna miss my school and colleagues.

Now, I got a test to study for.

On to a bigger and better future.  Congratulations on a wonderful achievement!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you guys! Been a long road. It's nice to see the end in sight. Lots of hugs and a few tears today.

Got a pretty good handle on what the board exam consists of, and where my strengths and weaknesses lie. I'll probably schedule the test for late August.

But first, a week showing 10 family members around Yellowstone! That's gonna blow their minds!

And my like function still doesn't work, for whatever reason. Grrr.

4 hours ago, Historian said:

Lot of hard, hard work involved with that.

Congrats.

Are you going for acute care, next?

There are 89,000 FNPs in the US. There are only around 250 ENPs. That would be a GREAT field to pursue next. Thing is, I've worked on an ambulance or in the ER for most of the last 20 years. I think I'm pretty much done with it. The idea of managing diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, and some urgent care stuff sounds like a good way to get to retirement. I've seen the fireworks- I don't particularly enjoy them anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tadbart said:

There are 89,000 FNPs in the US. There are only around 250 ENPs. That would be a GREAT field to pursue next. Thing is, I've worked on an ambulance or in the ER for most of the last 20 years. I think I'm pretty much done with it. The idea of managing diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, and some urgent care stuff sounds like a good way to get to retirement. I've seen the fireworks- I don't particularly enjoy them anymore.

Gotcha.   My wife (the cardiology nurse) as you know is about a year out from finishing her NP.  I've encouraged her, and she seems to like the idea, of going for the acute care track next.

I know this about her.  If my heart stops working she'll do everything to start it. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Gotcha.   My wife (the cardiology nurse) as you know is about a year out from finishing her NP.  I've encouraged her, and she seems to like the idea, of going for the acute care track next.

I know this about her.  If my heart stops working she'll do everything to start it. :)

Hope springs eternal!

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

Who's Hope?  My wife's not named Hope!

If something happens between me and Hope she'll stop my heart. 

Lord have mercy she can shoot well.

A while back my wife and I were making jabs at each other and for one retort, she said I have a gun!  I laughed and said, "but I taught you how to shoot!".