Schick razors owner buys Harry's for $1.37 billion

pipedreams

"The owner of Schick razors is acquiring upstart shaving company Harry's for $1.37 billion, continuing a trend of consolidation in the shaving industry, where established brands have struggled with the rise of digital-savvy newcomers. About 79% of the deal is cash, and the remainder stock. "

https://www.chron.com/business/article/Schick-razors-owner-buys-Harry-s-for-1-37-billion-13833858.php

https://www.breitbart.com/news/after-disrupting-shaving-industry-harrys-is-absorbed-by-it/

Edited by pipedreams

I'm disappointed. I left Harry's because of their left wing crap, and switched to Gillette. Then, I left Gillette because of their left wing crap and switched to Schick. I thought I had that one nailed down, but I guess I didn't.

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm disappointed. I left Harry's because of their left wing crap, and switched to Gillette. Then, I left Gillette because of their left wing crap and switched to Schick. I thought I had that one nailed down, but I guess I didn't.

I don't know anything about the politics of either company.

Schick razors owner buys Harry's for $1.37 billion eliminates the competition.

(The as-seen-on-tv "pawn stars endorsed" safety handle. $15.  A hundred-pack of shark blades $15.  A twenty pack of slim-twins. $15.  That's 5+ years for me. I shave with whatever shampoo is closest when I reach for it.)

2 minutes ago, blueiron said:

I'd have a beard, but my job doesn't allow one because of safety gear.

I have to shave on Friday,  to get into a lead smelter.  (nasty, nasty places)

It happens a few times per year.  I don't really mind,  it's part of the gig.

But whenever I shave and look into a mirror,  I see my sister.  ugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to shave on Friday,  to get into a lead smelter.  (nasty, nasty places)
It happens a few times per year.  I don't really mind,  it's part of the gig.
But whenever I shave and look into a mirror,  I see my sister.  ugh.

Where are you? Thought EPA had closed the last Stateside lead smelter several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Where are you? Thought EPA had closed the last Stateside lead smelter several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong but I think it was the last primary lead smelter that can process lead from ore was shut down. Not those that smelt from recycling.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, Duluth said:

I don't know anything about the politics of either company.

I would not have known about Harry's left-wingedness if they had not gone out of their way to poke conservatives in the eye a few years ago. I revisited Harry's FB page during the Gillette commercial controversy and they were still at it.

The Schick Hydro 3 is an excellent razor, far better than Harry's or Mach 3, so I'd rather not switch again. I might, though.

Smooth as a baby's fanny.

In a couple days,  it'll be scruffy.  In a week,  it'll look ok.  In two weeks,  no one will even notice.

(Beards make a huge[/] difference,  insulation-wise.  I consider them an essential part of safety gear,  in the winter.  It's not even cold now,  but I can tell a big difference.)

I also have to shave as a work requirement, but I started using double edge razors over 5 years ago and haven't bought a multi-blade cartridge razor since then. Now it's mostly my Rockwell 6s and Wilkinson Sword (Germany) blades. I will probably still shave even after retirement. I can go a day or so with stubble on the weekends but love the feel of a smooth shaved face too much to give it up full time. 

• Like 1