Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019

gwalchmai

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/11/09/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html?fbclid=IwAR2BcfXVG8V5maCpRqYq3u0ekD3Oax04eMvL2bc3-A7-o3C-q53HRkv0hpE

While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

More at link...

• Like 1

I don’t know.  This was written on information they had before the “blue wave.”  Will it still hold true, or will she try to hold on till after 2020?  I’ll try to temper my joy until an official announcement.  

OTOH, h*** yes!  ‘Bout time!  And similar sounds of joy! 

So until then, here is me, calmly and rationally signing off  ?

Hawk???

• Like 3

From the article:

"She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein."

the article, though it is dated Nov 9, 2018,  appears to have been written around the time of the Kavenaugh confirmation. the first paragraqph says.

"While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court"

Senator Swineslime has a history of sitting on information and hiding it from the public.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, C_Hallbert said:

Ginsberg conveniently plans on retiring at a point where Demoncrats will appear justified to delay the approval process until after the 2020 election.....

You think they can delay for two years? If they did that, what would prevent Trump from vetoing every bill the Dims liked? I guess this kind of gridlock could happen, but it seems unlikely (to me, anyhow).

You think they can delay for two years? If they did that, what would prevent Trump from vetoing every bill the Dims liked? I guess this kind of gridlock could happen, but it seems unlikely (to me, anyhow).

You are correct, sir. I was off by a year. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1