Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019

gwalchmai

On 11/9/2018 at 7:48 AM, gwalchmai said:

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/11/09/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html?fbclid=IwAR2BcfXVG8V5maCpRqYq3u0ekD3Oax04eMvL2bc3-A7-o3C-q53HRkv0hpE

While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

More at link...

Like in the Lord of the Rings ... she got the golden ring and wouldn't give it up.  She dislikes Trump, but she could have retired under Obama and had him nominate her replacement.

MAGA!

• Like 3

I think this woman will hang in there long after any normal person would have left, for health or other reasons. She is a radical Leftist, who has openly said she wanted Hilary Clinton to win the election in 2016. She has openly trashed the 2nd Amendment, saying that "since it is no longer necessary to keep a musket in one's home, the 2nd Amendment is irrelevant" or words to that effect. She has bad mouthed the Constitution, saying she much prefers the Constitutions from some other countries, like South Africa's. She clearly revels in her adoration by the far Left. She clearly felt no need to give up the spotlight when Obama was in office because she was sure she could wait until well into a Clinton presidency. I fervently wish for her to be off the Supreme Court. By retirement ideally, by death or other means is she doesn't want to leave voluntarily. She is a cancer in the American system and her departure will be a blessing to us all. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, C_Hallbert said:

Don’t take the Media Propaganda too seriously. They are trying to break down the resolve of the Conservative Base by making it seem that the cause is lost. It’s not.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't believe Trump would win the first time, even though I supported him. The pols certainly indicated otherwise. I'll never trust a pol again....

• Like 1

Just to avoid confusion, when you refer to survey polls but refer to them as "pols", an abbreviation often used to mean "politicians", it might cause some confusion. FWIW, I don't trust the polls at all, especially now that due to the violence or threatened violence by members of the Left, many might not be willing to tell the truth about supporting Trump or Conservative candidates. 

55 minutes ago, C_Hallbert said:

Don’t take the Media Propaganda too seriously. They are trying to break down the resolve of the Conservative Base by making it seem that the cause is lost. It’s not.....

He is not taking media propaganda seriously, he is stumping for his side.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, C_Hallbert said:

I haven’t taken them seriously ever since I started telling them that I voted Democrat and wanted to ban all guns ???????? 

Hawk 

25 minutes ago, AerynSun2 said:

From you post to God's eyes!

Trump has a record of winning. He is also a wrecking ball. He has amassed a stunning amount of money for his re-election campaign. The democrats has also out aplenty themselves on the mid terms.

100,000,000 raised so far. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Historian said:

Trump has a record of winning. He is also a wrecking ball. He has amassed a stunning amount of money for his re-election campaign. The democrats has also out aplenty themselves on the mid terms.

Too early to call. 

Who will he be running against?

He has the news media and Hollywood againt him.  How much $ is that worth?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Historian said:

That's it?  Hell Bezo raised over 38 Million for a Senate set in TX.

The Senate Biden Rule is no Supreme Court confirmation hearings during a Presidential Election year. McConnell held fast on that rule after Scalia's death in 2016.

He will uphold that rule in 2020 as well.

That leaves only 13 months for her to retire or croak if President Trump is going to replace her in his first term.

The Democrats will not allow President Trump to replace her no matter what.

They are successfully stealing elections as we speak, voter fraud trial balloons as Gates puts it, are being implemented so as to take back the Senate and maybe the Presidency.

Many are saying, OH Well, we don't have the Senate margin we started with on 11/6, but at least we still have the majority, a slim majority, but a majority.

What they are failing to see is by reducing/stealing the Republican Majority in 2018 they will have an easier time to take control in 2020.

Make no mistake, if Ginsburg makes it to Jan 2020, President Trump will not be the one replacing her, even when he is reelected in 2020.

Edited by steve4102