Need Air Freshener Advice

Rellik

I have a funny smell in my house that isn't fixd with sprays.  I run a Ladko tower fan that has an ion emitter to aid in oder removal.  Doesn't work very well.  

Is there another gizmo out there that cleans the house of cooking oders, bacon, or anything else that lingers?  

• Administrators

But seriously, there are dry fog bug bombs with odor eliminator that do an outstanding job of eliminating stubborn odors. They don’t leave any residue on anything and they do an amazing job on odors.

I used them in an old travel trailer with a lot of wood rot and bug infestation that I had removed. The trailer smelled like nothing at all, three hours later. 

• Like 1

I burn incense and candles just like I used to do back in the 60's but these days it isn't to cover up the marijuana smell. But I'm particular about the scent and prefer genuine Indian incense, Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa Agarbatti  brand, made in Bangalore. Don't buy the cheap stuff from the 7-11.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I burn incense and candles just like I used to do back in the 60's but these days it isn't to cover up the marijuana smell. But I'm particular about the scent and prefer genuine Indian incense, Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa Agarbatti  brand, made in Bangalore. Don't buy the cheap stuff from the 7-11.

I'm partial to Gonesh incense.  #8  12 14 4.  It doesn't have that accrid smell that so many do.  Their patchouli is the best patchouli I've come across.  

15 minutes ago, Rellik said:

I'm partial to Gonesh incense.  #8  12 14 4.  It doesn't have that accrid smell that so many do.  Their patchouli is the best patchouli I've come across.  

So burn some in every room and the house will smell like incense fort a while but it will take away the other smells.

• Like 1

theres companies that do a bio sweep,i did it for a few years years ago.

almost all do free estimates,most do simple area decon.

they can find the Odor,the cause and the solution usually pretty easily.

for some issues you`d have to ionize all the air in the building and doing something like that yourself is just not going to happen.

but it could be something as simple as a baby formula spill on 1 chair in a central location or a toilet in a basement that has`nt been used enough and allows sewer gases to escape.

masking with candles or sprays is`nt removing it its just covering it with a different odor.

• Like 1

Mrs. G got us one of those ozone generators on FleaBay and it really helped our damp, musty basement smell. Also helped a closet one our cats mistook for a urinal. Amazon has 'em, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3500mg-110V-Ozone-Generator-Air-Purifier-Smoke-Odor-Remove-Cleaner-Commercial/332810359200?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l46252

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rellik said:

I have a funny smell in my house that isn't fixd with sprays.  I run a Ladko tower fan that has an ion emitter to aid in oder removal.  Doesn't work very well.  

Is there another gizmo out there that cleans the house of cooking oders, bacon, or anything else that lingers?  

Step 1 - find what's making the smell

Step 2 - get rid of it, or clean it

Step 3 - Profit!!!

And are you really wanting to get the smell of bacon OUT of the house?  I'd buy an air freshener that make the house smell like bacon!

I bought a cheaper ozone generator a couple years ago.  Turn it on for a couple hours before you (and everyone else) leaves the house, come back a couple hours after it's done it's thing, and you'll be amazed at the difference.  Just don't do it when anyone is going to be home.   

My aunt used to have a bunch of rental houses and they used an ozone machine a lot.  Also used it in a car that smelled like cigarette smoke and never smelled it again.

And yes, make sure to air out the house afterwards if you can't let it sit empty and off for at least a few hours before reentering, not good to breath it.

O3 is "corrosive" to many materials, including flesh. In fact, it is "oxidative" at a higher degree than O2. In the 50s and 60s many public restrooms used ozone generators and you'd see the chrome peeing from the plumbing fixtures from it.

Also, like salt water, it's "bad for glass", so limit exposure to houseplants.