So. What's everybody getting for Christmas?

crockett

6 hours ago, G19 DB said:

Just don't drink the big jug of stuff they give you on Christmas day!  I was contemplating taking a can of gasoline and a match to the bathroom after all of that...  :D

I will be drinking that vile, nasty stuff for Christmas dinner. My procedure is set for Dec. 26. Merry effing Christmas to me. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, crockett said:

Talking about pain. I was on Prilosec because of acid reflux / Gerd for over 4 years straight. Every time I tried to get off that crap (hurts your kidneys and liver) I was in major pain within a day or two.

The other day I realized that I forgot to take the pill 2 days in a row, and that I had no symptoms to my surprise. So I gave it another try and now I'm on day 5. No pain, no heartburn, no reflux. I really though that I will be on acid blockers for the rest of my life with a ****ed up liver and kidneys down the road.

I guess being dry and no smoking for 5 years and no more refined sugars did the trick, finally. Alcohol relaxes the muscle that keeps the acid down, it acts as a one-way vent. Once it is compromised by constant alcohol intake, it takes years (or major surgery) to heal. Refined sugar only keeps the bad bacteria in your digestive tracks overgrowing, attacking the lining of the stomach and being prone for chronic heartburn and much more like cramps and diarrhea, etc.

Just a year ago I gave my self a few years only with all the symptoms I had. I got rid of daily cramps, vision issues, being pre diabetic and acid reflux, "just" with lifestyle and diet changes. Well and I bought a blood sugar monitoring device and sensor that I inserted myself. For one month a got sugar readings every 5 minutes. I learned so much about my body and my health that I was able to get my blood values back into the healthy zone with major changes in my diet and exercise.

I thank God for his help.

I did none of this with the help of a doctor. I didn't want my symptoms to be covered by drugs but heal by my own research and lifestyle changes. With the right attitude you can improve your health very much.

I had GERD.  After drinking kombucha for a couple of months, it went away.

• Like 2

I guess technically my new G19 was my Christmas/birthday present to myself.

But, my birthday was last week and my brother gave me my birthday present last night since I was at my sister's.  I LOL'd and it WILL be going in the landscaping by the front door...

wPFtj7VTQk-WwVklbT494A.jpg.c00a65fa5d8e4a791fc2c9129951036a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jk_226 said:

F that.  The prep sucks.  The actual procedure, I have no recollection of.  They give you pretty good narcotics.

thnkfully  at UNC  they did way with prep for some folks  i just got drink  miralax  mixed with lemon lime gatorade , 64 ounce.  but i remember that stuff ,  that  prep is just as bad as that prep before a ct scan ,

26 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

I guess technically my new G19 was my Christmas/birthday present to myself.

But, my birthday was last week and my brother gave me my birthday present last night since I was at my sister's.  I LOL'd and it WILL be going in the landscaping by the front door...

wPFtj7VTQk-WwVklbT494A.jpg.c00a65fa5d8e4a791fc2c9129951036a.jpg

thats a cheap troll  he is branishing  a hi -point  lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dragline said:

That's exactly when and why I'm also having mine Dec 26 which means prep day is Christmas Day. It's the only date they had available. Wonder why? Heh heh.

I also have to get it done in 2018 because my insurance deductable is met. If I wait until 2019 I'll be charged full boat for the procedure. When I walk in the place, the first person that asks me how was my Christmas was is going to get punched. 

So I'll be spending my Christmas on the shitter.

maybe you guys can split the deductible if you share the equipment??

who goes first?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 12:10 AM, janice6 said:

I eat candy!

It has been a while since I thought of gummy Bears, thanks for the memory jog.

I haven't thought of what to buy myself even though I have the money.  Guess it will accumulate till I think of something.  Wife just asks me what I want.  She, of course, requires that I surprise her.

Yeasu 1200 or 3000 DX is what i really want.  But won't ask for it.  :)

I'll eat the gummies while i play with the Drake r4.

• Haha 1