Random Posting

Eric

*sigh*

So the truck my sister has been driving (not actually her truck though) ever since her minivan died started making bad noises/shaking.  She had it towed to her place a couple weeks ago.

Since then she had a couple different "friends" take a look at it.  Not sure what one said, but another said he needed to get some parts from the junkyard.  My mother gave him some money to get the part.  That guy wandered off from the job.  Apparently he's hooked up with a girl that's on drugs, and instead of him helping her get clean, he went back to using, so he never actually looked at the truck he just wanted some easy money.

Took me all of 30 seconds to diagnose.  Seriously, how bad are these crackheads that they can't even figure out a failed carrier bearing (Center Support Bearing according to Ford)

Anyway, bought the part, got it installed, so now my sister can go back to trashing our parents old 96 ranger base model instead of my parent's 2004 F350 Lariat that's only about 70k miles.

She managed to spill ice cream on the steering wheel of the F350, but other than that her friend (boyfriend maybe?  I stopped trying to understand who all these people in her life are a long time ago) cleaned up the rest of the truck pretty nicely.

But seriously, my parents are letting her drive the Ranger, paying for insurance and fuel, and let her borrow the F350 and paid for the fuel in it for her as well, and she can't even restrain herself from spilling ice cream on the steering wheel?

This particular sister usually annoys me with her behavior, but I'm still the one who usually ends up fixing this stuff because it's easier on my parents if I do the rescue and repairs so they don't stress as much.  Not that it helps much; my parents have 2 granddaughters they took custody of and are raising, and one has a learning disability of some type where she can't prioritize anything, and so is homeschooled and way behind, and my retired teacher mother spends way too much of her time trying to keep the granddaughter on task and not failing.

• Sad 3