Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

My son was so straight laced I had to take him aside and show him stupid stuff to do.  He talks about it to this day.  Make life fun while you can!

My wife’s family won’t let me hang out with my nephews anymore. I taught them cool stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, we can't give California back to Mexico -- they already have it.

Oklahoma is already owned by 2,497 various Indian tribes.  Oh, sorry. Indigenous Peoples.

Mebbe give Washington back to Canada.

• Haha 1

'The Uncensored Story' Of The Smothers Brothers

They leaned left, BUT they were funny doing it. The left isn’t funny anymore, they can’t be, they replaced funny with perverted, sick cancel culture that hates anything funny. All bs aside, if you were around and enjoyed the Smothers Brothers, you enjoyed something that is extinct today … funny liberals. - c smith

This interview was originally broadcast on Nov. 30, 2009. Dangerously Funny: The Uncensored Story of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour is now out in paperback.
From 1967 to 1969, Tommy and Dick Smothers challenged the censors at CBS and the political establishment who tried to tame their wildly popular, and politically left-leaning, show, The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. The brothers lost their show, but later won a battle in court. TV critic David Bianculli joins host Terry Gross to talk about the legendary comedy duo who tackled political issues and censorship.
Based on extensive interviews with the Smothers Brothers and other key players, Bianculli describes the siblings' lives both onscreen and behind the scenes in a new book, Dangerously Funny: The Uncensored Story of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130569467

Tom And Dick Smothers - The Smothers Brothers.jpg

• Like 2

I enjoyed the Smothers Brothers, whether on their own show or their early appearances on various variety shows of the Sixties.

Yes, they were far left loons, but I didn't watch them for political advice, just entertainment.

Steve Martin and Rob Reiner were staff writers and who can forget Pat Paulson's run for president.

The day I look to self-absorbed, ignorant, privileged  Hollywood galoots for political advice is the day you can just shoot me and toss the dirt on me.

NB Tommy Smothers was a big advocate for yo yos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1