Random Posting

Eric

On 2/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, janice6 said:

My dog never goes outside without me and my .45!

janice6 I understand. My small dog never goes out without her boyfriend, my 95 pound GSD with impressive aggression issues. Plus, I'm always close whenever either one goes out, as is Mr. G33. There are plenty of Coyotes where we live, and they have never bothered the cattle or us. I actually enjoy seeing them, and when they have choir practice it's quite a party.

On 2/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, janice6 said:

BogieInTruckBedHouse.jpg

BogieMirrorHowling.jpg

Edited by Dynactus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.foxnews.com/us/train-texas-18-wheeler-explosion

A Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) train collided with an 18-wheeler outside Cameron, Texas, on Tuesday morning, police confirmed to Fox News.

An explosion occurred as a result of the crash, and authorities have labeled the collision a hazmat situation, according to the Cameron Police Department.

At first this was reported as an oil train. The weeping and wailing, and knashing of teeth about the pipelinepipelinepipeline!!!!!

that’s been adjusted now. But it’s ok to rant anyway.

I get sick and take a few days off, and this crap happens. (Not really)

Just now, Dric902 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/train-texas-18-wheeler-explosion

A Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) train collided with an 18-wheeler outside Cameron, Texas, on Tuesday morning, police confirmed to Fox News.

An explosion occurred as a result of the crash, and authorities have labeled the collision a hazmat situation, according to the Cameron Police Department.

At first this was reported as an oil train. The weeping and wailing, and knashing of teeth about the pipelinepipelinepipeline!!!!!

that’s been adjusted now. But it’s ok to rant anyway.

I get sick and take a few days off, and this crap happens. (Not really)

From what I read sounded like a general cargo freight. Some oil, some coal, mostly other stuff. If there was information about contents of the 18-wheeler I missed it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

From what I read sounded like a general cargo freight. Some oil, some coal, mostly other stuff. If there was information about contents of the 18-wheeler I missed it. 

I hope the crew is ok

im sure the train didn’t take a hard left at the crossing to hit the truck

37 minutes ago, Eric said:

Raising Arizona. Great flick. The fight in the trailer house was funny as hell. 

Never saw the movie.  I found the gif when i was looking for a way to explain a management decision that was clearly delivered from the second floor of the departmental executive grand suite out house.  

You know.   We the employees must use the first floor!

YELLOW DOG UNION

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Historian said:

Never saw the movie.  I found the gif when i was looking for a way to explain a management decision that was clearly delivered from the second floor of the departmental executive grand suite out house.  

You know.   We the employees must use the first floor!

YELLOW DOG UNION

The guy on the bike is the Warthog From Hell. Raising Arizona was an early Coen brothers movie and it is funny as hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Me, too.   Nothing good happens when a train hits something.

Three worst I remember offhand...

18-wheeler loaded with steel stalled on a crossing. Driver escaped. Not the Amtrak crew. Tanker full of hot asphalt. Tanker hauling gasoline. 

No doubt there are worse others. 

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Three worst I remember offhand...

18-wheeler loaded with steel stalled on a crossing. Driver escaped. Not the Amtrak crew. Tanker full of hot asphalt. Tanker hauling gasoline. 

No doubt there are worse others. 

Two experiences here.  One was a suicide.  It was dreadful.  The train crew was very shook up over it...as were a lot of seasoned cops.

The other is not an accident but an observation.

I was leaving shift and got stuck at the crossing.  So i said what the heck...enjoy it.  So i stood outside my car and watched an AMAZING CSI train chug through.   They are freakishly big.

I started reading off the contents of some of the cars and realized if they had an accident i would likely be dissolved. 

Sometimes if you're outside on a warm summer night you can hear the train go through the town to the west.   It's a great sound.

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic