Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Two experiences here.  One was a suicide.  It was dreadful.  The train crew was very shook up over it...as were a lot of seasoned cops.

The other is not an accident but an observation.

I was leaving shift and got stuck at the crossing.  So i said what the heck...enjoy it.  So i stood outside my car and watched an AMAZING CSI train chug through.   They are freakishly big.

I started reading off the contents of some of the cars and realized if they had an accident i would likely be dissolved. 

Sometimes if you're outside on a warm summer night you can hear the train go through the town to the west.   It's a great sound.

Not here. Closest tracks are 30 miles away. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a gear-driven supercharger that big on a dragster. It seems like the gear drive would be more likely to fail, at high RPM, then a drive belt would be. Cool looking setup though.

5F851DF3-9F9F-4D80-A1BC-AD923CC7E41A.jpeg.e7e23446b9b6708021f12437b657d9ba.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a gear-driven supercharger that big on a dragster. It seems like the gear drive would be more likely to fail, at high RPM, then a drive belt would be. Cool looking setup though.

5F851DF3-9F9F-4D80-A1BC-AD923CC7E41A.jpeg.e7e23446b9b6708021f12437b657d9ba.jpeg

Flathead engine. Wonder what rpm it can make

• Like 2

My wife was raised a block away from the RR crossing through a major state highway up till we married.

She missed the sounds of trains at night, so I made a microphone/amplifier that played on the Bedroom TV. 

Then for video she could watch the street in front of the house.  The Bedroom was on a lower level.

She loved to go to sleep seeing the Deer and assorted wild life wandering through the front yards on the IR cameras while listening to the trains in the distance.

She has always been important to me.

• Like 8

• Administrators
1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

Flathead engine. Wonder what rpm it can make

I love the sound of the old flathead Ford V-8s when they are hot-rodded. I installed a bunch of Fuelie performance parts and triple carbs on a 1940 with a V-8, for a client back in the nineties. That thing purred like a kitten. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic