Random Posting

Eric

23 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

I've actually seen something like that.  Difference was "They" stood back about 25 yards and Shot at it with an Fn Fal .308.  When I saw what was about to happen, we got in the truck and took a drive.  Didn't hear nothin, but when we got back couple hrs. later, the mine was gone. 

My Minesweeper (vintage 50's) was equipped with a single forward mount with the sole purpose of shooting mines on the surface after sweeping them free.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks said:

image023.jpg

My buddy still has his exact, pretty much, same bike from high school.  He added several inches to the forks,  as long as I knew him.

We were at a house-party,  and him and some friends were going to race home.  Instead of going up the driveway,  he cheated and took a shortcut, at 90mph, through the front yard.

But...   there was a phone pole there....  with the 45degree cable running down to the ground.  He took it in the neck / face.  Messed him up pretty good.  We still jag him for it.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, Historian said:

The Admiral on his captured U Boat.

I used to be friends with the German radio operator on this U Boat when it was captured.   

Wanna see the boat?  You can.  it's in the museum of science and industry in Chicacgo.

My late friend Hans visited it, when guide asked if he wanted to see the boat he said, "I want to see the radio room where i served."

it got real quiet on that tour at that moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic