Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

57 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Of what was to become "The Big 3" in the automotive industry, the 1928 Plymouth, Ford and Chevrolet all had similar engines. Flathead inline 4 bangers.

1928 Plymouth 170 cubic inches 3 5/8ths x 4 1/8 bore and stroke 4.6 lbs compression 45 HP
1928 Ford   200 cubic inches 3.7/8ths x 4.125 bore and stroke 4.3 pounds compression 40 HP
1928 Chevrolet  170 cubic inches 3 11/16ths by 4" bore and stroke 4.5 pounds compression 35 HP

I think the reason those early engines all had such low compression is because most cars were crank start back then.
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I love this 1940 Ford Custom 4-Door pickup that was at SEMA 2022 BUT I would have to get rid of those butt ugly wheels ... just .. damn !!!

1940 Ford Custom 4-Door - SEMA 2022 - 1.jpg

I agree withe the wheels. I'm old school and have never liked the big rim/thin tire look. But as far as the truck itself, while I can appreciate the quality of the workmanship, I really don't like 4 door trucks of any kind. Also, unless the Trucks had different grilles than the cars for 1940,, this truck  looks to be a 39 rather than a 40.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I agree withe the wheels. I'm old school and have never liked the big rim/thin tire look. But as far as the truck itself, while I can appreciate the quality of the workmanship, I really don't like 4 door trucks of any kind. Also, unless the Trucks had different grilles than the cars for 1940,, this truck  looks to be a 39 rather than a 40.

It's a custom build so I don't know if you can count on anything being what year it's supposed to be, lol. I like the 4 door build mainly because my experience has been that it usually provides so much more leg space in the vehicle.

17 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Of what was to become "The Big 3" in the automotive industry, the 1928 Plymouth, Ford and Chevrolet all had similar engines. Flathead inline 4 bangers.

1928 Plymouth 170 cubic inches 3 5/8ths x 4 1/8 bore and stroke 4.6 lbs compression 45 HP
1928 Ford   200 cubic inches 3.7/8ths x 4.125 bore and stroke 4.3 pounds compression 40 HP
1928 Chevrolet  170 cubic inches 3 11/16ths by 4" bore and stroke 4.5 pounds compression 35 HP

I think the reason those early engines all had such low compression is because most cars were crank start back then.

Believe there was a whole regimen about how one held the crank, particularly thumb placement, so that a kickback didn’t break a thumb or arm. 

• Like 2