Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
On 11/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

This truck, IMHO, is a TOP SHELF custom. And I love Power Wagons to begin with and this is a PW fantasy come true.

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon

Ground up restoration
Originally an Air Force vehicle
Chassis and drivetrain from a 4-wheel drive 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie
6.7L Cummins turbo-diesel engine
Rebuilt Jasper 68RFE automatic transmission
4-wheel drive
The front fenders were extended and a 500 series truck grille filler panel was used to accommodate the taller intercooler and radiator
Long wheelbase Sweptline bed was cut down and modified to fit correctly
2010 Laramie dashboard, body control module, wiring, dual zone climate control, factory installed trailer brake controller and exhaust brake
Laramie power heated and cooled front seats and custom door panels
Custom 40/40 rear seats with custom console and 10 inch subwoofer
Cab was sandblasted, epoxy primed and body-worked
Engine was cleaned, inspected, resealed and painted correct Cummins beige
Frame has been sandblasted and painted satin Chassis Black
3 inch suspension lift with correct length Rancho shocks
New Black Rhino Armory wheels have been sandblasted, painted White and had 96 new polished stainless flange-head bolts installed
Polished OEM vintage Mopar hubcaps have been mounted with custom clips
37x13.50 BF Goodrich KM3 tires
Functional TPMS and ABS systems
RBP Power Steps with LED lighting
Heated steering wheel
Ultrasuede headliner
5,000 watt 18 speaker stereo system
Alpine head unit with Apple CarPlay, navigation and backup camera
Vintage-look stainless power mirrors with factory Laramie controls
Original stainless 'refrigerator' door handles have been polished and modified to work with 2010 door latches to retain power locks and door switches
German Hella headlights and fog lights
Modified and re-chromed 1965 bumper with chrome tow hooks
LED taillights, factory 2010 backup sensors and aftermarket backup camera installed in the tailgate
Trailer connections were relocated behind a flip-down license plate bracket
Removable matching ice chest mounted in the bed

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 1.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 2.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 3.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 4.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 5.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 6.png

1965 Dodge D200 Custom Power Wagon - 7.png

There are damned few of the crew cab and carry-all versions of the sixties Dodge trucks that weren't originally military vehicles, or fleet vehicles for the Forest Service, fire departments, eletrical and other utility companies, etc. The shame of it is that there were relatively few of them made and a great many of them simply got used up. They are ugly as Pit Bull pups, but I love them. I wouldn't mind having a mid/late-sixties Dodge Carry-All. I'd stick a Cummins TD in it and some 4" portal axles under it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

There are damned few of the crew cab and carry-all versions of the sixties Dodge trucks that weren't originally military vehicles, or fleet vehicles for the Forest Service, fire departments, eletrical and other utility companies, etc. The shame of it is that there were relatively few of them made and a great many of them simply got used up. They are ugly as Pit Bull pups, but I love them. I wouldn't mind having a mid/late-sixties Dodge Carry-All. I'd stick a Cummins TD in it and some 4" portal axles under it.

I love 'em too. I probably post more Dodge Trucks/Power Wagons than anything else because I can't get enough. The Carry-Alls are a fantasy vehicle for me.

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I love 'em too. I probably post more Dodge Trucks/Power Wagons than anything else because I can't get enough. The Carry-Alls are a fantasy vehicle for me.

The Carry-Alls are pretty hard to come by, unfortunately. So are the International crew cabs and carry-alls. I prefer the Dodges, but I'm a fan of the Internationals as well.

• Like 4

Just now, Eric said:

The Carry-Alls are pretty hard to come by, unfortunately. So are the International crew cabs and carry-alls. I prefer the Dodges, but I'm a fan of the Internationals as well.

Yeah, I go to a few shows and I never get to see Carry-Alls but they, like you said, are few and far between. I like some of the Internationals just as much as the Dodge. There's just something about those breeds of trucks.

• Like 3

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I'd give my left nut for something like this ... I hardly ever use the left one anyway.

Dodge WC-53 3:4 Ton, 4x4 Carryall - Primarily Used As A Radio Command Car - WWII.jpg

Now that is a Dodge! They had a 1943 Dodge 3/4-ton command car at the car museum my parents managed, when I was a kid. I always thought it was interesting that the canvas top was so course that you could see little pinholes of light through it, but when it rained, the top would not leak. It wouldn't leak unless you touched it, anyway. Sitting inside, if you reached up and touched the canvas with your finger, it would start dripping there. Knowing this, once I got in the Army, when we were riding induece-and-a-halfs in the rain, I used to touch the canvas top over someone's head and the roof would start leaking on them. It took the guys a while to figure out why the leaks were always springing up. :greensupergrin:

The Lister bags (Water bags) we used to use to refill canteens when we were in the field were the same way. When they were filled, the surface would darken and look a little shiny, but the canvas wouldn't leak until you touched it. Then it wouldn't stop leaking until it dried completely.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

Now that is a Dodge! They had a 1943 Dodge 3/4-ton command car at the car museum my parents managed, when I was a kid. I always thought it was interesting that the canvas top was so course that you could see little pinholes of light through it, but when it rained, the top would not leak. It wouldn't leak unless you touched it, anyway. Sitting inside, if you reached up and touched the canvas with your finger, it would start dripping there. Knowing this, once I got in the Army, when we were riding induece-and-a-halfs in the rain, I used to touch the canvas top over someone's head and the roof would start leaking on them. It took the guys a while to figure out why the leaks were always springing up. :greensupergrin:

The Lister bags (Water bags) we used to use to refill canteens when we were in the field were the same way. When they were filled, the surface would darken and look a little shiny, but the canvas wouldn't leak until you touched it. Then it wouldn't stop leaking until it dried completely.

LOL, man, you're bringing back some old memories, bad ones. It sucks the way I found out that the canvas would leak AFTER you touched it. I almost drowned in the cab of the deuce and a half I drove in Germany before I realized what was happening. Never touched it again when it was raining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Eric said:

I sometimes would get an old International six-pack in the motor pool rotation when I was in the AF. Aux gas tanks were an add-on, I think, because if you filled the tank more than 3/4 full the gas would seep out the filler tube (just behind the front wheel) and "walk" back the length of the truck. Until it was down to 3/4. We learned quick to use up the excess quick. And not smoke... 

• Like 3