Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

31CAE16F-5A80-40ED-B9A1-CBC94FAAB74F.jpeg

Like the 1959 Chevrolet Impala, you think you want to hate all of those fins and swooping design elements, but you just can't.

It is somehow pleasing.

Eric, is that an Invicta wagon?

• Like 5

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tous said:

Like the 1959 Chevrolet Impala, you think you want to hate all of those fins and swooping design elements, but you just can't.

It is somehow pleasing.

Eric, is that an Invicta wagon?

LeSabre, but close. 

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:47 PM, Eric said:

2D838296-9AFE-4ADE-BA8C-6A8B0B16F46E.jpeg

E9DA3B57-CCA6-4015-86A3-B8A1474EDF19.jpeg

388734E3-9A72-46DB-AE28-FF0E37788447.jpeg

F3BB5CE5-1B52-4ABD-98D3-2C38372D2D91.jpeg

Pontiac engine? some Chevy and GMC trucks had them. (edit) I remember now a guy I knew in High school had what I thought was a Chevy truck with a Pontiac engine and I always assumed he had done an engine swap on it until years later I found out it was an option for several years. It's really quite interesting the different engines that were used in GMC trucks. another friend of mine had a 65 GMC with the big V6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_V8_engine

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pontiac engine? some Chevy and GMC trucks had them. (edit) I remember now a guy I knew in High school had what I thought was a Chevy truck with a Pontiac engine and I always assumed he had done an engine swap on it until years later I found out it was an option for several years. It's really quite interesting the different engines that were used in GMC trucks. another friend of mine had a 65 GMC with the big V6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_V8_engine

At one time low budget hot rodding was putting a GMC in line 6 in a Chevy to replace the Chevy in line 6. And across the way, putting a Mercury flathead V-8 in place of the stock Ford flathead V-8 was the thing.

Once read of a rail job dragster built around a Buick OHV in-line 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

At one time low budget hot rodding was putting a GMC in line 6 in a Chevy to replace the Chevy in line 6. And across the way, putting a Mercury flathead V-8 in place of the stock Ford flathead V-8 was the thing.

Once read of a rail job dragster built around a Buick OHV in-line 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY BIL and I rebuilt a Chevy Truck 60's 4x4, short box with factory 396 4bbl engine in it, in the 60's  It was a monster.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

German authorities have ordered a blinged-out golden Porsche off the road for being too shiny.

Hamburg's Morgenpost reported Friday the 31-year-old driver was stopped in the northern city last week and told his Porsche Panamera, sporting a reflective gold foil finish, might blind other drivers and was a danger. He was told to remove the foil and re-register the car, but police say he continued to drive it.

The driver was stopped again Wednesday and police took his keys, papers and license plate, before the vehicle was towed to a garage. He was fined an unspecified amount and will have to remove the foil to make the car street legal again.

Morgenpost reports a Lamborghini owner nabbed at the same time with similar gold foil complied and removed it.

AAE848DB-6378-4FDC-A1F7-E53464CBBC87.thumb.jpeg.e0f154705ee19f732cf711641e4031d2.jpeg

• Thanks 1