No reason, just seems so pleasin'

gwalchmai

5 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Quite a few "men" standing around and watching without stepping in the help security.  Thank goodness they had their cell phones at the ready!

Yeah, while I immediately sided with "Dreads" here, I gotta give "Skin" some credit, too. If he decked Dreads it'd be bad PR and a big lawsuit for Hizzoner (OK with me). If anyone on the PR team jumped in they'd have been sued and roasted in the media, so I can't blame them for just being good witnesses. Maybe recording the event was the proper response. 

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

OK, so THIS is pretty funny. Looks like there may be an opening in Hizzoner's security detail if anyone's innersted.

What are normal citizens to do?

How about vote like you have a Normal brain instead of voting like Dumbocrats.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

OK, so THIS is pretty funny. Looks like there may be an opening in Hizzoner's security detail if anyone's innersted.

I had a big following on LI before they banned me.  I am back there now and rebuilding my network which consists a lot of EP, Security, and some LEOs.  They keep posting this video.  Typical CA.  The attacker isn't surprising, the EP guy didn't know he was in a fight, and those standing around took out their phones to video the incident.  It was like the film crew losing their stuff when they were interviewing the crime prevention Captain of Oakland PD.  I am no longer working for one company but they had a contract with a well known tech company and when we worked their retail stores, the SOP was clear - do not chase, do not arrest, just be a good witness and we were all LEOs or retired LEOs.  They would rather lose a 1K phone (and they lost several) over tarnishing the brand.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jmohme said:

What are normal citizens to do?

How about vote like you have a Normal brain instead of voting like Dumbocrats.

I don't  believe voting works anymore.  I still vote but come on, the last 2 elections are indicators.  Maybe you can change it up at the local level but the left are working to change that too.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Ya git what ya pay for.   

Yep. Every time I shake my fist at the cloud about such places the voice in my head (well, one of them) says "Hey, it's what they wanted..." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I am no longer working for one company but they had a contract with a well known tech company and when we worked their retail stores, the SOP was clear - do not chase, do not arrest, just be a good witness and we were all LEOs or retired LEOs.  They would rather lose a 1K phone (and they lost several) over tarnishing the brand.

What's the point then?  If they're more concerned with tarnishing the brand, why hire security at all?

• Like 3

Mrs. G was bemoaning the possibility of inadvertently losing her little Swiss Army Knife at the airport, and how silly the restriction is. As if anyone could do any damage with it. She said it's not like it would dispense poison gas or something. Which of course brought to mind the following. Do y'all think that TSA would allow The Penguin to carry his umbrella onboard a plane? Do they allow umbrellas in general? Do they allow Penguins? If so can they arrange a seafood meal for one?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

bemoaning the possibility of inadvertently losing her little Swiss Army Knife at the airport

I lost my knife to TSA last time I flew. It was detected in a pocket and I was told to surrender it. There was a post used to set up lanes which had no cap, so I dropped the knife into it. The person started to berate me for this until I observed that I wasn’t going to carry it into the airplane - an observation she could not refute.

Had forgotten to transfer it from pocket to checked luggage when packing to go home.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I lost my knife to TSA last time I flew. It was detected in a pocket and I was told to surrender it. There was a post used to set up lanes which had no cap, so I dropped the knife into it. The person started to berate me for this until I observed that I wasn’t going to carry it into the airplane - an observation she could not refute.

Had forgotten to transfer it from pocket to checked luggage when packing to go home.

Didn't some airports have facilities to mail them back to yourself at one time?

• Like 1

A knife mailed to yourself via the US Postal Service will arrive 22.3 years after mailing.

The envelope will be torn to shreds and patched with ancient Scotch tape that doesn't stick.

Oh, and $236.00 postage due.

I did network work in a Federal building and the security guard wouldn't let me in until I handed him my tiny pen knife.

He then inspected my tool box and had no problem with the eight-inch bladed screw driver.  :upeyes:

• Haha 2