Netanyahu says 9 words

DAKA

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu left no doubt in a statement on Wednesday, regarding what his Jewish country might do should current tensions with Iran escalate further.

********  9 WORDS  "Israel will do whatever it needs to defend itself,"   ********Netanyahu said in a statement.

The comment came after separate meetings with British Foreign Secretary David Cameron and Germany’s Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock in Israel on Wednesday, where the ministers discussed actions Israel could pursue to retaliate for Iran’s unprecedented, direct attack on Israel over the weekend.

"They have all sorts of suggestions and advice. I appreciate that. But I want to be clear: Our decisions we will make ourselves," the prime minister added.

'NOTHING WOULD REMAIN': IRAN'S PRESIDENT VOWS TO COMPLETELY DESTROY ISRAEL IF IT LAUNCHES ‘TINIEST INVASION’

Benjamin Netanyahu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Wednesday, "Israel will do whatever it needs to defend itself." (ABIR SULTAN/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

During the meeting, Baerbock said escalation "would serve no one, not Israel's security, not the many dozens of hostages still in the hands of Hamas, not the suffering population of Gaza, not the many people in Iran who are themselves suffering under the regime, and not the third countries in the region who simply want to live in peace," Reuters reported.

Netanyahu's comment also comes just hours after Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Someday, Iran will push too far. 

IMG_5377.png

That will only happen with DJT in charge...or maybe they wouldn't do what they are doing now... 

It was much nicer when it was Persia 

• Like 3

Conventional bombs?  Here's the construction internals of a containment building of a US Nuclear Power station.  The picture does not show the total thickness of the containment building, just the depth they are going to to make modifications.  Check the size of the Re-Rod, check the thickness of the concrete.  This containment vessel is made to withstand and internal steam explosion without leaking.  I have more pictures, but you get the idea.  This is not your "usual" building!  ADDED:  This is not Chernobyl!

Aimage.png.d48e310b42e9c090e994e1288cd403d0.png

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Conventional bombs?  Here's the construction internals of a containment building of a US Nuclear Power station.  The picture does not show the total thickness of the containment building, just the depth they are going to to make modifications.  Check the size of the Re-Rod, check the thickness of the concrete.  This containment vessel is made to withstand and internal steam explosion without leaking.  I have more pictures, but you get the idea.  This is not your "usual" building!  ADDED:  This is not Chernobyl!

Aimage.png.d48e310b42e9c090e994e1288cd403d0.png

We have some pretty impressive bunker busters that are conventional.

But...

Concrete technology has advanced rapidly to withstand weapons penetration. Modern composite concrete as thin as three inches can be made to stop a .50 BMG. What used to take forty feet of concrete to stop a bomb can be as thin as six feet now.

Most of those advances have been made my China and Iran. Go figure.

Anyway, it depends on the age of the target, just ten years old is much easier to get through than two years old, simply based on mix designs available.

Funny thing is China has pioneered concrete to stop our bombs, while their people live in buildings where the concrete can be dug away with a finger nail. Talk about messed up. 

Is isn't the rebar giving the resiliance anymore, it's part of it, but they mix in glass fiber and stainless wires. Also puffed minerals that dissipate energy in the mix, the way foam is used in car bumpers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One of the lessons of World War Two was:  if you can't kill the factory, kill the factory workers.

Target the apartment complexes and dormitories near the strategic assets.

It's just a building when there are no skilled worker left.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Maser said:

9 words huh?  Be nicer if he said 0. 

Well to be fair, it's better than Brandon's one word response to Iran, "don't".  

He didn't say what they were gonna do.  Everyone expects home to say something as the leader of the country and he said the right thing.

I grew up that if someone attacks you, you immediately respond and finish it.  Donald, I am available to take Blinken's spot when you take office.  Get me 6 figures and a Townhome in DC and I will do you right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:12 PM, tous said:

I agree.

Just do it, don't talk about it.

Who is he trying to impress with tough talk, anyway?

That is not what I was going for in my post. 🤣

• Like 1