Street preacher stuck in storm drain near me

gwalchmai

Looks like they got him out. Not sure if it's the preacher, though. Whoever it is I'm glad the ending was happy.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/georgia-highway-2-shut-down-at-walker-county-line-after-man-gets-trapped-in-drain-pipe

Catoosa County crews rescue man trapped in drain since Monday

by WTVC

Tue, April 16th 2024 at 4:55 PM
Updated Wed, April 17th 2024 at 2:21 AM
Image via Catoosa County Government.
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

CATOOSA COUNTY, Ga. — UPDATE: The man trapped in the storm drain has now been freed after a nine hour rescue as of 12:33 AM.

The Catoosa County Government Facebook page says more information will be released today.

It's been 5 hours now and crews are still working to rescue a man from a drain pipe on Georgia Highway 2 in Catoosa County.

The Catoosa County Government says "it's a very tight space that has been made tighter over the years with a build up of rocks, dirt and debris."

They say firefighters have to hand chisel through hard, compacted debris that is being removed with the help of a City of Fort Oglethorpe Public Works vacuum truck.

The man is conscious and communicating with firefighters, according to county government.

EARLIER:

Georgia Highway 2 is shut down at the Walker County line as crews work to rescue a man that has been trapped in a drain pipe since Monday, according to the Catoosa County Government.

The closure is on the eastbound side of the highway, stretching from the Walker County line to Lafayette Road in Fort Oglethorpe.

Image via Catoosa County Government
Image via Catoosa County Government

The county government says crews with the Catoosa County Fire Department and Walker County Fire Rescue are working to extricate the man trapped in a drain pipe underneath the road.

Image: WTVC.

We have a crew at the scene of the intersection of LaFayette Road and Battlefield Parkway.

John Pless with Catoosa County Government says the man attempted to crawl into a storm drain on the opposite side of the road and got stuck, as the pipe is 20-24 inches wide.

Crews tell us he has been in the drain since yesterday. A woman heard him calling out for help and called 911.

Live from our digital studio and at the scene:

Crews are now trying to dig him out while sucking out the mud stuck inside the drain pipe.

Pless says it's unclear at this time why the man ended up in the drain.

• Like 2

It was the preacher. 

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2024/apr/16/crews-working-to-extricate-man-from-drain-pipe-in/

UPDATE: After working for more than nine hours, Catoosa County firefighters along with multiple partners freed a 22-year-old man who was trapped inside a partially clogged storm drain beneath a highway in Fort Oglethorpe, according to a Catoosa County government news release.

___

Previous story:

FORT OGLETHORPE — A rescue operation was underway Tuesday evening as emergency workers tried to free a 22-year-old man stuck in a drainage pipe under Highway 27.

About 20 fire, police and public works officials were working at the intersection of Highway 27 near Battlefield Parkway to free the man, Thomas Loher, who officials say is often seen preaching at the intersection.

Loher's mother, Gladys Pineda-Loher, and his stepfather were on the scene, Catoosa County spokesperson John Pless said. Pless said Loher's mother told him she called the police when she found her son's bike in a ditch near the intersection where he usually preaches.

"For whatever reason, we don't know, he got into a culvert and crawled into a pipe that narrows down" to about two feet wide, Pless said.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, tous said:

What portion of his congregation was in the small culvert?

Probably too small to fit a choir.

We all float down here.

ITPICTURE-1200x762.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently he's autistic and adult, so he's allowed to preach in the street. His family says he's a good boy, and devout. But yes, another failure of our safety net. I've seen him and haven't seen him do anything dangerous, but at best he's a distraction. And frankly, I doubt he's bringing many lost souls to Jesus.  :exercise2:

• Like 4

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Apparently he's autistic and adult, so he's allowed to preach in the street. His family says he's a good boy, and devout. But yes, another failure of our safety net. I've seen him and haven't seen him do anything dangerous, but at best he's a distraction. And frankly, I doubt he's bringing many lost souls to Jesus.  :exercise2:

I met a dyslexic preacher once. He asked me if I believed in Susej.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Family in our small town had an adult son that is really nice, but retarded, he really shouldn't be left unsupervised for his own good. One morning he gets up and starts walking to his sisters house, his sister lives 60 miles away. Big search starts, four hours later he's found safe and walking on a rural road, twelve miles into his journey, guy was burning up the miles.

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 4/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, gwalchmai said:

Zuul? Trying to get to Dana's apartment?

New Dinosaur Species Named for <b>GHOSTBUSTERS Zuul</b>

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2024 at 1:47 PM, Eric said:

I met a dyslexic preacher once. He asked me if I believed in Susej.

My mother in law told me that Dog is God spelled backwards. Therefore dogs are contrary to Gods teachings. So I need to get rid of my dogs because God said so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

My mother in law told me that Dog is God spelled backwards. Therefore dogs are contrary to Gods teachings. So I need to get rid of my dogs because God said so.

To  me, Dogs are God's example of devotion and dedication. Not to mention the prime example of love. 

We have God's blessing when we have a Dog.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Why did God create the dog?  Surely God knew the above would come up.

Yet the dog is considered man's best friend?  God surely has a sense of humor.  I am speculating but God created the dog so that man would have an actual example of unconstitutional love.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

God Made A Dog [VIDEO]

OCTOBER 16, 2015

BY DOGTIME

So God Made A Dog

And on the 9th Day

God looked down on his wide eyed children and said they need a companion

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody to wake up and give kisses, pee on a tree, sleep all day, wake up again, give more kisses, and then stay up till midnight basking in the glow of the television set.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody willing to sit, then stay, then roll over then with no ego or complaint dress in hats they do not need and costumes they do not understand. I need somebody who can break wind without a first thought or second thought. Who can chase tails, sniff crotches, fetch sticks and lift spirits with a lick. Somebody no matter what you didn’t do, or couldn’t take, or didn’t win, or couldn’t make will love you without judgment just the same.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody strong enough to pull sleds and find bombs, yet gentle enough to love babies and lead the blind. Somebody who will spend all day on a couch with the resting head and supportive eyes to lift the spirits of a broken heart.

So God made a Dog

It had to be somebody who would remain patient and loyal even thru loneliness. Somebody to care, cuddle, snuggle and nuzzle, and cheer and charm and snore and slobber and eat the trash and chase the squirrels. Somebody who would bring a family together with selflessness of an open heart. Somebody who would bark, and then pant, and then reply with the rapid wag of tail when their best friend says lets go for a ride in the car.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody who would stand at your side when the world around you collapses. Somebody to lie next to you during the long nights of pain and sorrow when it hurts to move, or talk, or think, or be. Somebody to stand guard, play games, snore for hours, and repeat as needed. Somebody to give you strength when you have none of your own. Somebody to fight when you have no fight left, to hold onto your soul as if it were their favorite toy, playing tug of war to keep you in this world. Somebody to be your companion and guide in this world and the next. Somebody to wait for you on the other side or stand guard in your absence until they can join you for eternity.

So God made a DOG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DAKA said:

God Made A Dog [VIDEO]

OCTOBER 16, 2015

BY DOGTIME

So God Made A Dog

And on the 9th Day

God looked down on his wide eyed children and said they need a companion

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody to wake up and give kisses, pee on a tree, sleep all day, wake up again, give more kisses, and then stay up till midnight basking in the glow of the television set.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody willing to sit, then stay, then roll over then with no ego or complaint dress in hats they do not need and costumes they do not understand. I need somebody who can break wind without a first thought or second thought. Who can chase tails, sniff crotches, fetch sticks and lift spirits with a lick. Somebody no matter what you didn’t do, or couldn’t take, or didn’t win, or couldn’t make will love you without judgment just the same.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody strong enough to pull sleds and find bombs, yet gentle enough to love babies and lead the blind. Somebody who will spend all day on a couch with the resting head and supportive eyes to lift the spirits of a broken heart.

So God made a Dog

It had to be somebody who would remain patient and loyal even thru loneliness. Somebody to care, cuddle, snuggle and nuzzle, and cheer and charm and snore and slobber and eat the trash and chase the squirrels. Somebody who would bring a family together with selflessness of an open heart. Somebody who would bark, and then pant, and then reply with the rapid wag of tail when their best friend says lets go for a ride in the car.

So God made a Dog

God said I need somebody who would stand at your side when the world around you collapses. Somebody to lie next to you during the long nights of pain and sorrow when it hurts to move, or talk, or think, or be. Somebody to stand guard, play games, snore for hours, and repeat as needed. Somebody to give you strength when you have none of your own. Somebody to fight when you have no fight left, to hold onto your soul as if it were their favorite toy, playing tug of war to keep you in this world. Somebody to be your companion and guide in this world and the next. Somebody to wait for you on the other side or stand guard in your absence until they can join you for eternity.

So God made a DOG

Yeah, He realized His mistake when He created wo man from Adam's rib (I said it)

• Haha 2

Yesterday I went to a gun show looking for parts. Big conference center. One room was the gun show. Next room was some sort of fundamental Christian conference. You would think the two groups could get along. Nope.

The fundamentalists got into an argument with some of the gun guys over having visible tattoos in front of the fundamentalists kids.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Yesterday I went to a gun show looking for parts. Big conference center. One room was the gun show. Next room was some sort of fundamental Christian conference. You would think the two groups could get along. Nope.

The fundamentalists got into an argument with some of the gun guys over having visible tattoos in front of the fundamentalists kids.

I guess the gun guys could have turned the other cheek, but it was probably tattooed as well.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

I've heard that one, told her that's why I have a canine instead of a dog. She tried to say "No, it's a dog." I showed her his papers calling him a canine, she still didn't like it. Next I explained that you can pretty much call something anything you want, for example I could call her a bitch, but unless she was a female canine would it really apply?

• Haha 2