FaceCrook

gwalchmai

I have a scammer posing as my cousin Joan messaging me about really vague stuff. Said she forgot her password and had to open a new account under "Joan II". I'm gonna let him take a little line and then start working in childhood nicknames. Joan's mama had 8 siblings that lived. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Do you think that this furtive poser knows that we old, retired galoots have nothing to do all day and messing with them is our idea of entertainment?

Be sure to mention your Miata.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

That makes no sense, amigo.

Why go to all of the trouble to get someone to say 'yes' on the telephone when there must be a hundred free apps that can mimic anyone's voice and even fake entire conversations.

That assumes that  the ultimate target of the scam has both a sample of the person's legitimate voice and voice analysis software for comparing the two samples.

The only downside to answering unknown calls is that it confirms that the telephone number is active to the robo-call robots.

The same with texts.

You text STOP and they just sell your number to a marketing firm as verified active.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tous said:

Why go to all of the trouble to get someone to say 'yes' on the telephone when there must be a hundred free apps that can mimic anyone's voice and even fake entire conversations.

That assumes that  the ultimate target of the scam has both a sample of the person's legitimate voice and voice analysis software for comparing the two samples.

The only downside to answering unknown calls is that it confirms that the telephone number is active to the robo-call robots.

The same with texts.

You text STOP and they just sell your number to a marketing firm as verified active.

I NEVER answer the Landline, Mrs does, then hangs up...she refuses to have it removed ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, tous said:

The same with texts.

I wish they'd hang them all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, janice6 said:

You remember that funny joke the government pulled on us called, The no call list?  Well it bought its way out of working.

If you hate your telemarketers, you can keep your telemarketers. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I axed "her" if her daddy ever served on the same ship with our uncle Big Boy while they were in the Navy. She skillfully evaded with "Not that I ever heard". But "she" failed to mention that they were ARMY at Ft. Benning. She grew up on base. RealJoan wouldn't have let me get aweigh wit dat. AIJoan did offer me a contact with a financial consultant who specialized in retirees...

-- more to come --

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I used to mess with them with it was a live person. But I think they are mostly robots now just data mining.

I used to answer as a dental office and ask if they needed the night time emergency number. Then give them my friends, ex husband’s number.

• Haha 4