Boeing has some pull

I posted on another forum last week and don't recall seeing anything here.  Looks like he caught a case of the suicides?   Now we could use Occam's Razor and just say he was unhappy but c'mon who believes that?  That's like saying Epstein or Foster killed themselves.

I guess Boeing has a fortune in their contracts and too much to lose.

https://fortune.com/2024/03/16/boeing-whistleblower-found-dead-john-barnett-737-max/amp/

• Like 5

In the days leading up to when a Boeing whistleblower was found dead, he sent an eight-word warning to his friends. John Barnett, who was 62, was found in his truck in a hotel car park with a gunshot wound, which seemed to be self-inflicted.

But just a few days earlier, he had told his close ones: "If anything happens to me, it's not suicide." Barnett had accused Boeing of using sub-standard parts on many aircraft and claimed the workers were under pressure on the assembly line to do so.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/if-anything-happens-its-not-suicide-boeing-whistleblowers-prediction-before-death-south-carolina-abc-news-4-2024

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/boeing-whistleblowers-eight-word-warning-to-friends-before-he-was-found-dead/ar-BB1k2DKu

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Airbus has to be sitting back and waiting for sales to increase.

Based on number I was looking at recently it is still safer to fly Boeing, not sure how much longer that will hold, it was also based on world wide incidents.

• Like 1

The real crazy thing is the media is trying to blame obvious lack of, or improper maintenance on Boeing.  Things such as hydraulic leaks, flat tires, tires falling off, engine FOD and access panels not securely refastened.   Boeing has nothing to do with this stuff, but is getting the blame.

If you don't put the lug nuts on your wheel and it falls off is that Ford's fault??

• Like 5

Boeing has a big target on its back anything even trivial will make the news.  Panels dropping off is more common than you think, but the tire thingy is another story.  Someone forgot a cotter pin.

• Like 4

Just now, Ramjet38 said:

Boeing has a big target on its back anything even trivial will make the news.  Panels dropping off is more common than you think, but the tire thingy is another story.  Someone forgot a cotter pin.

I think Boeing should have a target on its back.  The dead whistle-blower went to Supervisors first before he ever went public.  I don't doubt that maintenance is an issue with the airlines but you gotta make the plane correctly first.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I think Boeing should have a target on its back.  The dead whistle-blower went to Supervisors first before he ever went public.  I don't doubt that maintenance is an issue with the airlines but you gotta make the plane correctly first.

All I can say is that we live REAL close to CHS and Boeing does first flights of the 787 over the house regularly.  This would be the planes that the whistleblower said had problems when he worked here..  Like everything mechanical you will have issues at some time.  Just saying!

• Like 1

There's a documentary on Netflix called the Octopus Murders.  Going against these people is worse than going against the mob.  We need rico and enforcement against the gov and all their people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GT4494 said:

All I can say is that we live REAL close to CHS and Boeing does first flights of the 787 over the house regularly.  This would be the planes that the whistleblower said had problems when he worked here..  Like everything mechanical you will have issues at some time.  Just saying!

The guy worked for Boeing for 30 years so I think he had more experience with it than you or I.  My uncle retired first from USAF and then retired from Boeing but that means about as much as you living near CHS and having 787s fly over your house.  Sure, mechanical things break and some mechanical things built have poor engineering designs.  Besides the whistleblower, you have the FAA audits which Boeing didn't seem to do too well with.  IF you or I were in a 787 and it had an issue in flight, we might have a different perspective all together.

I didn't start the thread to talk about the flight worthiness of a specific plane.  Let's recap,  a whistle blower against a major business with ties to the govt. ends up supposedly offing himself after being deposed and before his second deposition.  THAT's the story I find suspicious.   Executives at a huge company flogging employees on a production line to increase production even if that means inferior quality is sadly kinda expected nowadays.   hell, how long has Detroit been doing it.  Offing someone is stll kinda viewed in a negative light. 

• Like 3

DEI and massive Marxist corruption destroys another once-great American company.

One must ask, one must always ask with these imbeciles, how much did the Chinese communists pay Biden and family to destroy not just the aircraft industry, but the American auto industry as well.

How soon will we see Chinese airliners, assembled in Mexico, in our skies?

With all communist Chinese crews?

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, tous said:

DEI and massive Marxist corruption destroys another once-great American company.

Did you catch the Don Lemmon interview of Elon a few days ago?  Conservative media is having a field day with it and unlike msm with Trump, it's warranted.  What's that saying about opening your mouth and people realizing how stupid you are.  Don picked the wrong career field because he is really stupid.

• Like 3