Forward charging AR

Dave514

Almost done looking at Shot Show videos from Classic Arms.  Lots of folks raving about the DDH9 and Nemo PCC. Me, I am excited about SDS importing a Turkish lever action 12G shotgun.  Their M4 clone will exchange with every Benelli part apparently.  

• Like 3

On 2/3/2024 at 1:24 PM, Batesmotel said:

Make it without the gas system and it might be California legal. Maybe that was part of the plan. 

It's no different than a regular AR, in that it's a semi auto. You don't run the charging handle 'pump' mechanism for each round. 

So it's not a pump action in the sense of 'pump action shotgun'.  But I'm sure that is a step that isn't too far, if they wanted to make it that way for something like CA Comp. 

On 1/31/2024 at 11:01 AM, MO Fugga said:

Looks like a pump action.

The action is the same as a charging handle. So pulling it back will open the bolt but it will close or stay open in the same way a regular AR works.  You have to hit the bolt release in the same way as any AR. 

• Like 2

Almost a pump. Just like an M-14 is almost a bolt action if you turn the gas system off. Pump it to the rear and the spring drives the bolt forward.

interesting idea. No other machines have more variety than guns. 

• Like 3