No Wonder I Love The Mountains

We vacation in Northern MN.  walking the gravel road to the resort we have seen a few Brown bears.  Occasionally, we had spooked them while walking and they were crossing the road.  They typically run into the brush.

One day a few of us went fishing in the other end of the lake and my two daughters called on the Ham radio to tell us there was a Brown Bear sniffing at everything around the cabin. The remote fish cleaning area, the cabin garbage, and the cabin itself.  He/she finally got satisfied and left.

They said it had the cutest pink nose.

15 hours ago, janice6 said:

We vacation in Northern MN.  walking the gravel road to the resort we have seen a few Brown bears.  Occasionally, we had spooked them while walking and they were crossing the road.  They typically run into the brush.

One day a few of us went fishing in the other end of the lake and my two daughters called on the Ham radio to tell us there was a Brown Bear sniffing at everything around the cabin. The remote fish cleaning area, the cabin garbage, and the cabin itself.  He/she finally got satisfied and left.

They said it had the cutest pink nose.

In Alaska we differentiate the bears by referring to them as Black, Brown, or Griz. Huge difference between a Brownie and a Griz. Polar Bears are in a category all their own. You don't F with Polars or Brownies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

In Alaska we differentiate the bears by referring to them as Black, Brown, or Griz. Huge difference between a Brownie and a Griz. Polar Bears are in a category all their own. You don't F with Polars or Brownies.

We see Black   but they seem to avoid us more.  Usually we see them crossing the road ahead of our car then scurrying into the brush.  Our Browns must be different from yours.  Ours are inquisitive but not aggressive, if you leave them alone, they snoop.  I haven't heard of a bear death up there in 50 years of vacationing.  Of course we never see or have Grizzley's.

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

We see Black   but they seem to avoid us more.  Usually we see them crossing the road ahead of our car then scurrying into the brush.  Our Browns must be different from yours.  Ours are inquisitive but not aggressive, if you leave them alone, they snoop.  I haven't heard of a bear death up there in 50 years of vacationing.  Of course we never see or have Grizzley's.

Your 'Browns' are likely cinnamon phase Blackies.

• Thanks 1