Favorite MASH Moments

Eric

• Administrators

MASH is one of the first shows I remember seeing on TV. I grew up watching it, during prime time and in syndication. When the show was still on the air, it was possible to watch 5 episodes in one day, on the day it aired each week. For back then, that was highly unusual for any show.

I'll never forget what an odd moment it was the first time I watched MASH, after I joined the Army. It was in the Reception Station, a couple of days before we got transported to our respective companies. A bunch of us were in the day room and MASH came on. Everyone laughed and joked about it, but everyone had the same strange look on their faces. It felt weird to be in the Army watching a show about the Army that we had all watched all of our lives.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eric said:

MASH is one of the first shows I remember seeing on TV. I grew up watching it, during prime time and in syndication. When the show was still on the air, it was possible to watch 5 episodes in one day, on the day it aired each week. For back then, that was highly unusual for any show.

I'll never forget what an odd moment it was the first time I watched MASH, after I joined the Army. It was in the Reception Station, a couple of days before we got transported to our respective companies. A bunch of us were in the day room and MASH came on. Everyone laughed and joked about it, but everyone had the same strange look on their faces. It felt weird to be in the Army watching a show about the Army that we had all watched all of our lives.

I had a moment like that the day I first arrived to serve on my ship.  I had never been on a ship and I had never been to boot camp.  I figured out how to not got to boot camp.  

Anyway, I was uneasy to say the least, being on a ship without any real training to be a sailor.  I was told to follow the Quarter Deck Watch and he would take me to my bunk forward.

I was feeling self conscious and while walking through the mess hall ( small ship, very small mess hall) i saw about 6 or 8 guys just glued to the TV. I was curious and suddenly I realized they were watching the Mousketeers, and all the comments were on Annette.

That was the day I realized that they were so much like me that I could do this!  We were all perverts. 1958.

• Like 2