This Is Going To Hurt

Eric

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Sign says    WHISKEY ?

The rider is Red Sublett and the horse is Whiskey Pete. Sublett was a rodeo clown and performer about a hundred years ago. Whiskey Pete was part of his act. I don't see how that fall wouldn't hurt like hell though, even if it was planned and practiced.

rsublettwhiskeyp.jpg

• Like 4

I was the photograher for a saturday night series of bull riding events for three years. I gained a huge amount of respect for rodeo clowns during that three years.

They are true athletes and every one of them I worked with was a genuinley good person that would not hesitate for one moment to grab an inatentive photograper by the collar and toss him out of harms way like he was a rag doll. 9_9

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

The rider is Red Sublett and the horse is Whiskey Pete. Sublett was a rodeo clown and performer about a hundred years ago. Whiskey Pete was part of his act. I don't see how that fall wouldn't hurt like hell though, even if it was planned and practiced.

rsublettwhiskeyp.jpg

I like the LEAVING comment  :anim_rofl2:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I just had leftover Thai Noodle Soup that was supposed to be 2/5 hotness, but my eyeballs are boiling out of their sockets. Glad I just got 2 and not 4. :)

Something like Indian VINDALOO ??   or   Conch Chowder !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Hurt is always the worst when you see it coming directly at you.

In slow motion.

My first was at a friends farm when he asked if I wanted to ride their old retired plow horse.  Of course, I said yes.  It was all good till the horse saw the barn and I flew off like an airplane that had a bad crash.  I also had trouble walking for a while, damn that horse was wide.

Second was hanging on the running board of a Model T when my friend, the driver, was trying to outrun the farmer that owned the land we were target shooting on with a Colt Hogs leg .45 and a .38 semiauto.  

We were going like a bat out of hell and had so many kids that I had to hang on the running board.  Coming to a 'T' in the dirt roads and I hollered, What way?  Driver yelled, right!  I leaned into the side with my hands spread wide, then the driver said, No left.  I was launched at about 40 miles an hour down the wrong dirt road.  The other guy said that my stride looked like I might make it before the final crash.  Split open my elbow, but had a hell of a good time. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The other guy said that my stride looked like I might make it before the final crash.

I was finished for the day, several months ago, and putting these (BIG) covers over our equipment.  I had left my toolbag (too damn heavy in its own right) on the grating.  Behind me.

I stepped back.

My sports and lifestyle has taught me how to crash.  Usually it's just "take it",  many people get extra hurt by trying to stop the threatening immediate hurt.

I tripped on the bag.  Moving backwards.

I managed to turn.  The first stumbling step was pretty damn big.  The second one was double-long and moving much too fast.  I immediately didn't like my trajectory.  "Hmm...  this isn't good."  

I "took it".

Banged an elbow pretty good.  Scratches on back.  Didn't bang my head.  Pretty achy the next morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thursday I was leaf-blowing my uncle-in-law's place and I violated to "10-2-4 Rule of Backpack Leaf Blowers". I exceeded 10% of the combined weight being non-aligned with my 2 feet support, so I would up on all 4s. The blower acts as a big gyroscope with a lot of inertia and slowly spins you around and down. Best part is it's slow, so you get to reflect on the errors of your ways. And pick your landing spot. No harm except to my pride. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same with a powerful Pressure Washer, except you are anticipating the "torque" and compensating, then the next day  "oh my aching back"  How do I know  !!  :nono:  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...