Happy Nat'l Black Cat Day

Rellik

4 hours ago, railfancwb said:

All four of the black cats I’ve had over the years are waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. Have three tuxes currently. 

My first pair of Silky Evil is waiting for me too. Cassie and Lacie are are the latest adopted two yrs ago this coming Feb. They were two yo last week. 

Never had kittens before, and they are growing up to be sleek, silky,  and sexy. 

Thought I was getting blk cats, but research is pointing to them being Bombay blk cats. Much more top drawer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rellik said:

I'm thinking of leash trng mine so I can be the weird neighbor guy that walks his cats. 

And maybe putting the fear of God into the local dogs. In truth, all the neighborhood dogs are good dogs. 

All tips appreciated. 

Midnight, although pictured with a leash and harness - not just collar, was not really leash trained. That was for her (and my) safety. She was ill enough that she didn’t fight them. In fact she was on that trip to be certain she received her medicine  

My most recent black cat, who I named Blackie in honor of my very first pet, a dog long dead but not forgotten, died of Bobcat Fever. I’ve lost two to that, almost lost a third one, and my daughter almost lost one. Don’t know why I like the bare belly picture but I do. That’s Longhair in the background of the second picture. He is by far my longest lived Homesteader and is still going.  

6B0084BC-5299-4E29-860E-DD28F981FB9E.jpeg

D7B567A8-88FA-4038-A9EB-C933B4414692.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, Rellik said:

I'm thinking of leash trng mine so I can be the weird neighbor guy that walks his cats. 

And maybe putting the fear of God into the local dogs. In truth, all the neighborhood dogs are good dogs. 

All tips appreciated. 

Midnight, although pictured with a leash and harness - not just collar, was not really leash trained. That was for her (and my) safety. She was ill enough that she didn’t fight them. In fact she was on that trip to be certain she received her medicine  

• Like 1

As I was about to say… 

My first two black cats were in the days of film, so if I took pictures I’ve no idea where any might be.

The first one, Diablo, disappeared. We later learned he had hidden in a neighbor’s crawl space and died there. He had long been buried when the neighbor realized whose cat he buried.

He might have realized that when he saw us in the yard with our next black cat, Rascal. Rascal went with us on two moves. He almost lost it dashing under my car as I came down the driveway. His tail was caught by a tire, breaking it at the base of the spine so it had to be amputated. Rascal died in his sleep, apparently peacefully, several years after becoming a “Made Manx”

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...