And Yet Another Under $20.00 Wonder...

deputy tom

• 3 months later...

Kershaw 1310WM made in China. Try to keep a few on hand. First buys were just under $10. Most recent $15 or so; maybe even more since my most recent purchase. Open packages and envelopes. Cut pies and steaks. Lose once in awhile. 

IMG_1121.jpeg

• Like 2

This should be here tomorrow. Too many times I’m at a relatives house and help with a little cooking and there’s not a sharp knife in the house. Sad thing is I have a side gig sharpening knives. None of the relatives will let me do their knives “for  the children”. They are convinced that the kids will cut their fingers off. And we’re talking teenagers here. 

IMG_5074.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

This should be here tomorrow. Too many times I’m at a relatives house and help with a little cooking and there’s not a sharp knife in the house. Sad thing is I have a side gig sharpening knives. None of the relatives will let me do their knives “for  the children”. They are convinced that the kids will cut their fingers off. And we’re talking teenagers here. 

IMG_5074.jpeg

That drives me nuts.  There are members of my extended family that just DO NOT UNDERSTAND that chopping veggies with a dull knife is way more dangerous than using a sharp one.  The moment I notice mine getting dull, I holler at MrC to sharpen them again.  When he has to travel to Japan, he likes to bring me back another kitchen knife.  So pretty...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 2:02 PM, Batesmotel said:

IMG_5074.jpeg

I've cut myself more on dull knives than sharp ones.  My wood working cutting tools are sharper than any of my knives and less dangerous too.

• Like 3