Good Advice For Teens

Mrs Glockrunner

Don't do drugs kids.
Mind your parents.
Pay attention in school
Don't have premarital sex but if you do, wrap your tool and/or be on the pill.
You have acquaintances and you have a few friends, know the difference.
Go to church and become a Christ follower
Consider investing in and learning about real estate instead of spending money on a degree.

That should do it for now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, geeorge said:

I remember all the girls in high school who couldn't figure out birth control and became a momma at 16 or so

Hell, when I was teaching in the early 90s, there was one girl in the high school where I taught that had FIVE CHILDREN before she graduated high school.  And of course multiple baby daddies.

• Sad 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Begich,  "In 1956, Begich married Margaret Jean Jendro, nicknamed Pegge."

This was a girl from our social group in high school, Nick was our/her teacher in Problems of Democracy class and he dated her for two years while being a part of our school kids social scene about town.

Her sister had two children from the same father, her classmate.  Not Nick!

I harped on this with my four children all through their lives. 

Pay attention to everything that interests you, and try to find one that you like so much you are willing to do it for the rest of your life. 

Because, you will be doing something for the rest of your life, don't make it a living hell, but something you love to do. 

Life will be a lot shorter then you think, and time passes more quickly, while you are enjoying yourself

Find the love of your life, a soul mate.  Love each other to death all the years you are together.  Believe me, it's wonderful if you can accomplish both of these.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Spend time OUTDOORS.

Being on your own when a child teaches you, self confidence, determination, basic survival skills (literally). You also learn how to tell who you can depend on.

Protecting your children from everything just leads to adults with the minds of children.

• Like 2