good CC WEAPONS

ASH

2 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Check out CZ's. I have a P-07 and really like it.

I'm with DWARREN on this one.  Mine's been tremendous.  About the size of a G19, VERY accurate, and you have the option of carrying it standard double action, or cocked/locked.

I do need a weapon light for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 10:38 PM, ASH said:

looking for a change ,  one rule  is i only do semi auto . 

reccomendations ???/   im 6'2  about 220   regular hands .  just throwing out a bone to see whats new out there .

I've cc'd a G19 for years, and it's worked very well.  If I were looking for a compact, striker-fired polymer 9mm right now, I'd give the M&P 2.0 Compact a hard look.  I also bought a Shield about 4 months ago, and it carries like a dream.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/16/2017 at 6:07 PM, ASH said:

looking real strong at kimber ultra micro  . 

The Solo?  It got axed for a good reason.

Do you plan on pocket carry? If so the Sig P938 is about as small as your are going to get. It is a 1911 style action which means carrying clocked and locked. I could never get comfortable with that idea so I bought the slightly larger Ruger LC9S-Pro. Fine in cargo pants, still a bit big for jeans pockets.  New is not always better. I still haven't found anything as easy to carry as my High Standard DM101 (.22 mag derringer). I have carried my DM101 on the beach, in swim trunks.

20151105_110526.thumb.jpg.2587b5108f0fe74fbc90c321880e2873.jpg

Edited by Haldor

i picked up the kimber and MP shield  380  and love it . using underwood  hot ammo  .  good penetration  in gel testing and rips thru gel   14 to 18  penetration 

• Like 1

Best advise I can give is go to a large, well supplied gun store in your area, git someone to help you but don't pay much attention to their likes and dislikes, and look at/handle as many handguns as you can. As you look at they guns, imagine them being carried by you 24/7 for at least 10 hours per day. A heavy gun may look nice but those extra ounces make themselves known before too long. Try NOT to give too much credence to what others like and dislike. We are all different and purchase our carry guns based on our perceived needs. Even the shape of some of the pistol magazines can begin to rub you the wrong way after a while. Make a list of handguns you like and find a range that has guns to try out. Better still, make friends with some gun people and see if they will let you fire some on the range.  In other words, make this decision yourself - it will be you carrying the gun. Caliber??? Normally 9mm on up, although many of us do carry .380 ACP at times. I will only say this about the .380. If the time comes when an armed intruder enters a room you are in and you contemplate reaching for that "little" .380 stashed in your pocket, you will suddenly wish you had carried a much bigger caliber gun. As a friend once said years ago, "I wish I could carry a Colt Ace that would turn into a .45 ACP if I had to draw it".

Good luck in your search. Shop like your life depends on your purchase because it can.