Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

It’s been my experience that Beemer drivers tend to be arrogant, non-driving asswipes. So I always try to stay away from them … and any vehicles with Texas and NY tags.

Memory:  I was in St. Paul during rush hour.  I was stopped on a divided street alongside of a school bus.  The light turned green and the school bus extended it's stop sign and stopped just passed the intersection.  I stopped along side and behind the school bus.  The children exited the school bus and crossed all traffic lanes in front of me.

A car behind me hit me in the rear causing a fair amount of damage to my car.  Later his insurance agent interviewed me and asked me what I could have done to avoid the accident!

I told him I could have proceeded to run down a bunch of school children so his insured could make it home on time.

I said also, if I hadn't been there to stop his insured, he would have a considerable number of lawsuits from the parent of the school children he would have ran over. 

So It seems that the bill for my car was going to be minimal compared to what it would have cost them to pay for a group of dead, injured and maimed children that did nothing wrong.

They asked me how much money I wanted.  I said "repair my car!".  Yes!  This really did happen!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

Memory:  I was in St. Paul during rush hour.  I was stopped on a divided street alongside of a school bus.  The light turned green and the school bus extended it's stop sign and stopped just passed the intersection.  I stopped along side and behind the school bus.  The children exited the school bus and crossed all traffic lanes in front of me.

A car behind me hit me in the rear causing a fair amount of damage to my car.  Later his insurance agent interviewed me and asked me what I could have done to avoid the accident!

I told him I could have proceeded to run down a bunch of school children so his insured could make it home on time.

I said also, if I hadn't been there to stop his insured, he would have a considerable number of lawsuits from the parent of the school children he would have ran over. 

So It seems that the bill for my car was going to be minimal compared to what it would have cost them to pay for a group of dead, injured and maimed children that did nothing wrong.

They asked me how much money I wanted.  I said "repair my car!".  Yes!  This really did happen!

Love the sneakers.....what a PUTZ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'I Dream of Jeannie' Home, A Jim Beam Whiskey Bottle, Expected to Fetch $100,000 At Auction.
Ever wish you could own your own genie in a bottle? Or at least the bottle from I Dream of Jeannie? Now you can. On April 28, (2017) Julien's Auctions will be selling the bottle that Jeannie, played by Barbara Eden, called home during the five season-run of I Dream of Jeannie. The bottle is expected to sell for upwards of $100,000. (The bottle sold for $34,375 in 2017)                                                      
For those who don't remember it, I Dream of Jeannie was an NBC comedy starring Barbara Eden as a pretty stunning 2,000-year-old genie, "Jeannie," starring opposite Larry Hagman as astronaut Tony Nelson, her "master." Created by Sidney Sheldon who was tasked by NBC with developing a rival to the highly successful ABC show, Bewitched, the show first aired in 1965.
The bottle in which Jeannie lived was originally a 1964 Christmas edition decanter sold by Jim Beam for its whiskey. According to Julien's, the show's first director, Gene Nelson, was searching for just the right type of bottle to serve as home for Jeannie when he walked by a liquor store and saw the whiskey decanter in the window. Back then, it is estimated that the Jim Beam bottle would have cost about $5.99.
For the 139 episodes of I Dream of Jeannie that aired, it is estimated that about 12 of the bottles were used. Some were used as stunt bottles to make the smoke effect that accompanied Jeannie's exit from the bottle into Major Nelson's  home (or other places she opted to pop into). The smoke was made in the bottles using heat and chemicals and sometimes the bottle would break.
In its original format, the bottle was smoke-green, but they had it hand-painted with a gold leaf pattern give it a more antique look. During the second series of the show, when it went from black-and-white to color, the bottles were painted pink and purple to make them more feminine and attractive.
Gene Nelson directed the pilot and the first 13 episodes of I Dream of Jeannie, but it is said that repeated differences between him and Hagman prompted his decision to leave the show. The original 14-inch bottle purchased by Gene Nelson remained in his possession for more than 30 years. He took it with him when he left the show and kept it until his death in 1996. His children have had it in storage since then.
This bottle, the original one that was painted on set, is being auctioned along with a letter of authenticity from Barbara Eden stating that it was the first bottle used on the set of the show. It seems that when the show became a hit TV series, many bottles were made in a second-edition as memorabilia (those claim about $70 at resale today).
Barbara Eden kept, and still has, the pink/purple colored stunt bottle that was used on the last day of filming of the final episode.

1885999188_IDreamOfJeannie-JeanniesBottle-JimBeam-1.jpg.ff8addc03fbc8a25a0692d0a94e5c740.jpg

I Dream Of Jeannie - Jeannie's Bottle - Jim Beam - 3.jpg

I Dream Of Jeannie - Jeannie's Bottle - Jim Beam - 4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Thanks. That’s home. 

My wife and I love it out there. We live in FL but her family is in CA and whenever we go out there, we have to drive because my wife will not fly anymore. Anyway we always try to find a different route home and we went through there in 2018. We drove out to the Salt flats when I had the Jeep. That was when CA was having all the big fires and it was hazy all the way over in UT.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

My wife and I love it out there. We live in FL but her family is in CA and whenever we go out there, we have to drive because my wife will not fly anymore. Anyway we always try to find a different route home and we went through there in 2018. We drove out to the Salt flats when I had the Jeep. That was when CA was having all the big fires and it was hazy all the way over in UT.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

We drove highway 50 through Nevada that summer. Visibility sucked. 

• Like 3