Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

Rattlesnake in A/C duct in north Texas truck. From my research over the years and being somewhat familiar with western rattlesnakes, I'm pretty sure this is a Mojave Rattlesnake or a juvenile Western Diamondback. The man that took the video, Bob Cromwell, was working in the field and he had thrown a tarp on the ground. When he got ready to leave the field, he wadded up the tarp and threw in in the back floorboard of his Ford truck. And he surmises, rightly so, that that's how he came to have a rattlesnake in his A/C duct.

You can skip the first 15 seconds of the video, it's about another snake story, a Boa, in another A/C vent.

Here are the still shots that made me start hunting to see if there was a video.

Rattlesnake - A:C Vent - 1 - https(semi-colon)::www.facebook.com:bob.crowell.311:posts:2330793907237558.jpg

Rattlesnake - A:C Vent - 2 - After a long life of loving snakes and doing a lot of travelling, I am guessing a Mojave Rattlesnake..jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Two forest department officials were riding a motorcycle through a wildlife sanctuary in Weyanad, Kerala, India, when the passenger saw this Bengal Tiger rapidly approaching from the forest.

I hear  banjos    arrr  rapid paw tracks   go faster

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Rattlesnake in A/C duct in north Texas truck. From my research over the years and being somewhat familiar with western rattlesnakes, I'm pretty sure this is a Mojave Rattlesnake or a juvenile Western Diamondback. The man that took the video, Bob Cromwell, was working in the field and he had thrown a tarp on the ground. When he got ready to leave the field, he wadded up the tarp and threw in in the back floorboard of his Ford truck. And he surmises, rightly so, that that's how he came to have a rattlesnake in his A/C duct.

You can skip the first 15 seconds of the video, it's about another snake story, a Boa, in another A/C vent.

Here are the still shots that made me start hunting to see if there was a video.

Rattlesnake - A:C Vent - 1 - https(semi-colon)::www.facebook.com:bob.crowell.311:posts:2330793907237558.jpg

Rattlesnake - A:C Vent - 2 - After a long life of loving snakes and doing a lot of travelling, I am guessing a Mojave Rattlesnake..jpg

That would be an HUGE O ****

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This picture is looking south through Zion Canyon. On the left side, you can see the road into Zion, then the Virgin River, and then the West Rim hiking trail leading up the west side of the canyon. This place is beautiful, especially walking up into the canyon at the north end, into the narrows and the subway.

West Rim Trail - Zion National Park - UT.jpg

• Thanks 2

This has been out there a while but I haven't ever posted it here and I just came upon it while clearing up some old stuff and it gave me a little chuckle ...

Chelsea Handler says Trump's 2016 win sent her to a shrink, hooked her on marijuana.

Comedian and activist Chelsea Handler shared Friday that she had to seek out a psychiatrist after Donald Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election.
Handler explained during an appearance on “Real Time with Bill Maher” that she went through a “midlife identity crisis” after Trump shocked the world by defeating Hillary Clinton for the nation's highest office, saying she never felt her life feel “so unhinged.”
I had to pay a psychiatrist to listen to me b…h about Donald Trump for about the first three weeks,” Handler told Maher. “And then once when we got past that and got to the real stuff, I realized the parallel there was my world becoming unhinged when I was a little girl, my brother died when I was nine years old. I had never related the two, but for me, as I can imagine it must have been for so many people, it was an emotional trigger of everything being destabilized and I realized how spoiled and privileged I had been all my life and realize to be this upset and this on-a-ten every day and the outrage and the anger, I just wanted to f---ing fight people, you know? And I was like, ‘I have to go see a psychiatrist.’”
The liberal comedian also spoke about having “white guilt” and how she realized in therapy that she had believed she didn’t have “the right to be in pain” because she hadn't been raped or molested.
“I’m a more mindful citizen because of it and I woke up. I’m in an awakening,” Handler continued.
She also said Trump’s election win “led” her to smoking marijuana and pivoting away from alcohol, calling cannabis the “gateway drug to meditation.”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

This has been out there a while but I haven't ever posted it here and I just came upon it while clearing up some old stuff and it gave me a little chuckle ...

Chelsea Handler says Trump's 2016 win sent her to a shrink, hooked her on marijuana.

Comedian and activist Chelsea Handler shared Friday that she had to seek out a psychiatrist after Donald Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election.
Handler explained during an appearance on “Real Time with Bill Maher” that she went through a “midlife identity crisis” after Trump shocked the world by defeating Hillary Clinton for the nation's highest office, saying she never felt her life feel “so unhinged.”
I had to pay a psychiatrist to listen to me b…h about Donald Trump for about the first three weeks,” Handler told Maher. “And then once when we got past that and got to the real stuff, I realized the parallel there was my world becoming unhinged when I was a little girl, my brother died when I was nine years old. I had never related the two, but for me, as I can imagine it must have been for so many people, it was an emotional trigger of everything being destabilized and I realized how spoiled and privileged I had been all my life and realize to be this upset and this on-a-ten every day and the outrage and the anger, I just wanted to f---ing fight people, you know? And I was like, ‘I have to go see a psychiatrist.’”
The liberal comedian also spoke about having “white guilt” and how she realized in therapy that she had believed she didn’t have “the right to be in pain” because she hadn't been raped or molested.
“I’m a more mindful citizen because of it and I woke up. I’m in an awakening,” Handler continued.
She also said Trump’s election win “led” her to smoking marijuana and pivoting away from alcohol, calling cannabis the “gateway drug to meditation.”

It's sad when some people can't see the answer to their problems and create bizarre excuses for their behavior.

Sometimes you are just an *******.  That's the simple answer to your problems.

• Like 3