Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

To each his own but I will never understand the desire to ride an animal that really, really does not want to be ridden. And it serves no useful purpose to ride them as long as there are more docile and domesticated animals that we have ridden for hundreds of years. Rodeos are enjoyable for all of the other events they support but bull riding ... I put it right along the atrocious 'sport' of bull fighting myself. 

956272104_Rodeo-BullRiding.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

To each his own but I will never understand the desire to ride an animal that really, really does not want to be ridden. And it serves no useful purpose to ride them as long as there are more docile and domesticated animals that we have ridden for hundreds of years. Rodeos are enjoyable for all of the other events they support but bull riding ... I put it right along the atrocious 'sport' of bull fighting myself. 

956272104_Rodeo-BullRiding.gif

Following up on this lead me to…

https://www.thefencepost.com/news/midnight-the-worlds-greatest-bucking-horse/

which stirred up the dust around here. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Following up on this lead me to…

https://www.thefencepost.com/news/midnight-the-worlds-greatest-bucking-horse/

which stirred up the dust around here. 

Sounds like an awesome animal. I have to admire the horse although I don't have a rodeo mentality. I love horse back riding and when I was young, we owned a few and rode quite a bit. All as uneventful as we could maintain. I've seen some devastating injuries caused by rodeo madness.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, Schmidt Meister said:

Good Day - Check Engine Light - One Problem I No Longer Need To Deal With 2.jpg

That light came on for me once in a 76 Dodge Ramcharger.  It took me a long time to find out how to reset it.  Under the right side A/C outlet was a board.  I took the board out and replaced the 9V battery.  It seems that the battery is on a calculated discharge rate and after the battery is discharged to some low point, it trips the "Check Engine" light.........  I was pissed! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

That light came on for me once in a 76 Dodge Ramcharger.  It took me a long time to find out how to reset it.  Under the right side A/C outlet was a board.  I took the board out and replaced the 9V battery.  It seems that the battery is on a calculated discharge rate and after the battery is discharged to some low point, it trips the "Check Engine" light.........  I was pissed! 

If the vehicle does not need to pass a MARTA or similar emissions test a piece of black electrical tape is a cheap fix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If the vehicle does not need to pass a MARTA or similar emissions test a piece of black electrical tape is a cheap fix. 

A lot of guys do that to 90-94 Porsche 911s. The ABS warning light comes on and won’t reset. It is not an ABS problem. It is a problem with the clock that is in the same gage cluster. 

• Like 2