Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

23 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I hope that the wimmins here have a sense of humor that can withstand a few 'SEXIST PIG' jokes. My wife laughs just as hard as I do at most of 'em, but I have to keep an eye on her when she is holding knives and hammers and pistolas. "I did not exchange vulgar jokes with that woman." H/T Bill Clinton.

Woman's Job.jpg

The women on this forum have a superior appreciation of ribald jokes and crude males.  After all, they participant in this forum!!  I rest my case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

The women on this forum have a superior appreciation of ribald jokes and crude males.  After all, they participant in this forum!!  I rest my case.

From my observation, I have no doubt that you are totally correct @janice6, but I felt like I MUST put the disclaimer up at least once before I got skewered. BTW, you just inspired me, sir.

• Haha 1

Definition of Treason per the Constitution of the United States of America, under Article III, Section3,

18 U.S. Code § 2381 – Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

What is “Aid and Comfort”?

“to aid and assist any enemy . . . by joining the armies of the enemy,
or by enlisting, or procuring, or persuading others to enlist for that
purpose; or by furnishing such enemies with arms or ammunition, provision, or any other article, or articles, for their aid or comfort,
or by carrying on a traitorous correspondence with them.”

• Like 2

AP Forced to Issue Correction on Fake News About Ivermectin

"The Associated Press was forced to issue a correction after it falsely claimed that 70 per cent of calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center were about people ingesting ivermectin to treat COVID-19.

The actual number was 2 per cent.

Whoops!

From the AP:

“In an article published Aug. 23, 2021, about people taking livestock medicine to try to treat coronavirus, The Associated Press erroneously reported based on information provided by the Mississippi Department of Health that 70% of recent calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center were from people who had ingested ivermectin to try to treat COVID-19. State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers said Wednesday the number of calls to poison control about ivermectin was about 2%. He said of the calls that were about ivermectin, 70% were by people who had ingested the veterinary version of the medicine.”

As Chris Menahan notes, NPR also amplified the fake news, reporting that, “The department said that at least 70% of recent calls to the state poison control center were related to people who ingested a version of the drug that is formulated to treat parasites in cows and horses.”

NPR has yet to issue a retraction of the fake story, which was circulated countless times, while the retraction will only be seen by a fraction of those who read the original."

https://summit.news/2021/09/08/ap-forced-to-issue-correction-on-fake-news-about-ivermectin/

h/t to @pipedreams

• Sad 1

Samuel Wilson was a supplier of meat to the U.S. Army and the barrels he shipped the meat in were marked US. Those soldiers from the area knew of Samuel and the story goes that US became synonymous with the U.S. Army and "Uncle Sam." Samuel Wilson was born in Arlington, Massachusetts (known as Menotomy at the time) and while a child, his family moved to NH.

Uncle Sam - Samuel Wilson - Mason, NH.jpg

• Like 1

I don't care what you eat as long as it doesn't infringe on me or my rights ... don't care. And as long as it don't hurt you, you shouldn't get your nose bent about what I eat. PETAn's, vegans and vegetarians seen to have to have within them a desire to try to force their culinary ideas on anybody who doesn't share their beliefs. Take that sh*t somewhere else. I feel exactly like the guy at the end of this clip.

40127806_Vegans-RosesForCows-SteakWithRoses.gif

• Thanks 1

When I was growing up, you never went to anyone's house to eat where there wasn't a bottle of "pepper sauce" on the dining room table. It was a mixture of assorted peppers, some picked for flavor, some for the heat. They would fill up a small mouthed bottle with peppers and bring the required amount of vinegar to boil and quickly pour the vinegar into the bottle. It was used mostly on greens ... collards, turnips, but mostly mustard greens. My grandmother grew all the peppers in her garden and when I started helping in the garden, we would pick stuff and wipe it off and eat it. Bell pepper, corn, green beans, etc. Before asking, and never having seen a bird's eye pepper, I decided to try it and popped one in my mouth and started chewing. Sometimes the 'good ole days' suuuucccked. I NEVER forgot that. About 25 years ago I went to her house which is now owned by a relative, my grandmother having passed away, and wandered around in the old garden area, now grown over, and found several bird's eye pepper volunteers and dug up a couple and transplanted them. Had to do this several times because they DO NOT like being transplanted. Anyway just thought I would share this. Might not mean anything to anybody, but I can't walk by that pepper plant and not think of my grandmother. She was an angel. She fell forward into the fireplace when she was a young girl and only 2 of her fingers still had nails. Most of her fingers were gone about halfway and one was a nub. But she could shell peas on the porch fast as anybody else and knit and do needlework. She was as kind as anybody I have ever met. That disfigurement never slowed her down a bit as far as I ever saw. That pepper plant has made me cry in more ways than one over the years.

Chiltepin - Bird’s Eye Pepper

Capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum is a variety of Capsicum annuum that is native to southern North America and northern South America. Common names include chiltepin, Indian pepper, chiltepe, and chile tepin, as well as turkey, bird’s eye, or simply bird peppers, due to their consumption and spread by wild birds. Tepin is derived from a Nahuatl word meaning "flea". Chiltepin is a perennial shrub that usually grows to a height of around 1 m (3.3 ft), but sometimes reaches 3 m (9.8 ft). and in areas without hard frost in winter, plants can live 35–50 years.

The tiny chili peppers of C. a. var. glabriusculum are red to orange-red, usually slightly ellipsoidal, and about 0.8 cm (0.31 in) in diameter. Tepin peppers are very hot, measuring between 50,000 and 2,500,000 Scoville units.

The tepin can be hotter than the habanero or red savina, with the highest levels seen in green fruit 40-50 days after fruit set.

However, since this pepper is harvested from wild stands in the Mexican desert, the heat level of the fruit can vary greatly from year to year, depending on the amount of natural rainfall that occurs during the time the fruits are forming. During drought years, fruit heat levels can be weak, and during normal rainfall years, the highest heat levels are produced. Also there is a large variation between the heat levels of the green fresh fruit (which are pickled in vinegar), red-ripe fresh fruit, dried whole fruit and dried fruit with the seeds removed, and their heat levels are arranged from mildest to hottest in that order. Around 50 tons are estimated to be harvested commercially annually in Mexico, primarily in Sonora.

In Mexico, the heat of the chiltepin is called arrebatado ("rapid" or "violent"), because, while the heat is intense, it is not very enduring.

In Thailand, where the chiltepin was introduced and has become one of the national pepper varieties, it is called prin-ke-nu, which translates to mean "rat-turd pepper".

Chiltepin - Bird’s Eye Pepper1.jpg

Chiltepin - Bird’s Eye Pepper4.jpg

• Like 1