COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Think of how smart you are and half the people are dumber than that.  The numbers are staggering!

I think it goes: 

Think of how dumb the average person is. Now consider that half the people out there are dumber than that.

George Carlin.

Or petty close.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I gave the reader the advantage of being "average".

LMAO, after reading all of you geek over each other in another thread, I'm pretty sure I'm the dumbest guy in the room on your wheelhouse subject, even though I can navigate most of it better than the average 5 year old. Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kinda like I was the guy that made sure you made it to the hospital, and got in front of a surgeon alive. I try not to get too involved in some of the mayhem over first aid kits and the like, because people seem to want to believe the hype and not listen to the ones who do it. Doesn't meet their expectations, so it must be wrong, don't ya know. This room isn't bad at tall, but some are rabid over it. I just skim over most of it and pray I never need most of them if I'm hurt. Might not make it.

I learn a lot form the folks here, and enjoy busting tous for geeking on occasion. :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LostinTexas said:

LMAO, after reading all of you geek over each other, I'm pretty sure I'm the dumbest guy in the room on your wheelhouse subject, even though I can navigate most of it better than the average 5 year old. Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kinda like I was the guy that made sure you made it to the hospital, and got in front of a surgeon alive. I try not to get too involved in some of the mayhem over first aid kits and the like, because people seem to want to believe the hype and not listen to the ones who do it. Doesn't meet their expectations, so it must be wrong, don't ya know. This room isn't bad at tall, but some are rabid over it. I just skim over most of it and pray I never need most of them if I'm hurt. Might not make it.

I learn a lot form the folks here, and enjoy busting tous for geeking on occasion. :anim_rofl2:

I like all the posters on this forum and don't take offense if they disapprove of my posts.  We all have opinions.  But to share crap is fun and brings back memories from long past.  

I don't denigrate anyone's occupation or passtime since information comes from all sources.  Sorry about the geek stuff, sometimes I forget that what I enjoy might not have any value to others.

I NEVER criticize another's knowledge (except in politics), because they have knowledge that I don't.  I love learning new things and my new things are what others already know.  

I learned long ago you can learn something from everyone.

Many years ago I got ahold of a 1920's era welding manual and it told me how to weld aluminum with a gas torch.  I used that knowledge to make instrument panel moldings on a custom car I built.

I still hear people tell me it can't be done.

I have been in the ER a couple of times lately and I see the EMT's doing work I can't.  We all contribute.

49 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I like all the posters on this forum and don't take offense if they disapprove of my posts.  We all have opinions.  But to share crap is fun and brings back memories from long past.  

I don't denigrate anyone's occupation or passtime since information comes from all sources.  Sorry about the geek stuff, sometimes I forget that what I enjoy might not have any value to others.

I NEVER criticize another's knowledge (except in politics), because they have knowledge that I don't.  I love learning new things and my new things are what others already know.  

I learned long ago you can learn something from everyone.

Many years ago I got ahold of a 1920's era welding manual and it told me how to weld aluminum with a gas torch.  I used that knowledge to make instrument panel moldings on a custom car I built.

I still hear people tell me it can't be done.

I have been in the ER a couple of times lately and I see the EMT's doing work I can't.  We all contribute.

It wasn't criticizing, just observing. LOL

Y'all talk about things that happened when I was in grade school, ya old codgers, and I'm no spring chicken. I knew most of it existed, just never was that interested in or or exposed. I fell into a very different path. 

Had a SO that took a class at the college and did all that stuff in DOS, no thanks. She got pretty irritated with me when I stuck her class floppy to the refrigerator with a magnet. Went over BIG. (no, I didn't know any better)

I was 31 before I turned on my first computer. It took me 30 minutes to log in to record a run. Then they wanted you to log out and do it again to record the next one. Some genius put a keybord on the thing with the letters wiped. Good times. I learned to hate them. Didn't have to deal with it on the job I had after, until I went remote but things had changed  a lot by then. By 45 I was able to turn it on without supervision and could even log in.

The guys on the project helped me with it a lot. I know more than I ever planned to, and still don't know much. I can operate Windows, and speak pretty functional Lenux, but deeper than that, no go.

We all have our strengths, and it all works thanks to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

It wasn't criticizing, just observing. LOL

Y'all talk about things that happened when I was in grade school, ya old codgers, and I'm no spring chicken. I knew most of it existed, just never was that interested in or or exposed. I fell into a very different path. 

Had a SO that took a class at the college and did all that stuff in DOS, no thanks. She got pretty irritated with me when I stuck her class floppy to the refrigerator with a magnet. Went over BIG. (no, I didn't know any better)

I was 31 before I turned on my first computer. It took me 30 minutes to log in to record a run. Then they wanted you to log out and do it again to record the next one. Some genius put a keybord on the thing with the letters wiped. Good times. I learned to hate them. Didn't have to deal with it on the job I had after, until I went remote but things had changed  a lot by then. By 45 I was able to turn it on without supervision and could even log in.

The guys on the project helped me with it a lot. I know more than I ever planned to, and still don't know much. I can operate Windows, and speak pretty functional Lenux, but deeper than that, no go.

We all have our strengths, and it all works thanks to that.

Just so you know, I am/was an analog Engineer.  I worked for a computer company in their research department.  My work was never digital equipment.   I used a computer all my life and considered it a tool not unlike a screwdriver or hammer.  I never cared how it worked, just that it did or someone fixed it.

I use a computer at home just as you do but for Internet access and fun.  I still don't care how it works.  However!!!!! My son has a EE and his expertise is in digital systems.  He also had a background in research but loves software where he has another degree.  So he maintains my computer and associated systems for me.  We get along great and I have the utmost respect for his expertise.

Don't feel too bad, you probably know as much as I do about computers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

Great post, the one thing about this forum is everyone has something to contribute and there isn't bunch of useless negative comments every time one posts.  As someone said it is amazing the things one learns from others posting.  Always enjoy hearing personal things about dogs and family and realize how much many have in common even though distance separates us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Just so you know, I am/was an analog Engineer.  I worked for a computer company in their research department.  My work was never digital equipment.   I used a computer all my life and considered it a tool not unlike a screwdriver or hammer.  I never cared how it worked, just that it did or someone fixed it.

I use a computer at home just as you do but for Internet access and fun.  I still don't care how it works.  However!!!!! My son has a EE and his expertise is in digital systems.  He also had a background in research but loves software where he has another degree.  So he maintains my computer and associated systems for me.  We get along great and I have the utmost respect for his expertise.

Don't feel too bad, you probably know as much as I do about computers!

Ya see, here's the thing, I don't know the difference in analog and digital. :anim_lol:I guess punch cards and reels?

Like you said, I just work the program, and figure ways to navigate it to suit my needs. I do feel pretty accomplished that I learned Excel. Self taught. Not to the point of its capabilities, by a long shot (pretty amazing program), but can put together a functional spread sheet. It usually takes me three times as long as it ought to, but it gets done.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Ya see, here's the thing, I don't know the difference in analog and digital. :anim_lol:I guess punch cards and reels?

Like you said, I just work the program, and figure ways to navigate it to suit my needs. I do feel pretty accomplished that I learned Excel. Self taught. Not to the point of its capabilities, by a long shot (pretty amazing program), but can put together a functional spread sheet. It usually takes me three times as long as it ought to, but it gets done.

Back in early days of personal computing, CP/M and DOS, I fancied myself as slightly leaning guru. Microsoft and its successive iterations of Windows converted me to a barely adequate user. As stated, though, I know enough to kinda get by. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Back in early days of personal computing, CP/M and DOS, I fancied myself as slightly leaning guru. Microsoft and its successive iterations of Windows converted me to a barely adequate user. As stated, though, I know enough to kinda get by. 

Your not alone, CP/M DOS, BASIC, even had classes on UNIX shell programing.  Now days I'm barely a adequate user like you stated.  There is so much to try and absorb with all the new out there.  Just setting up a home network now is a challenge with all the devices that connect.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

Your not alone, CP/M DOS, BASIC, even had classes on UNIX shell programing.  Now days I'm barely a adequate user like you stated.  There is so much to try and absorb with all the new out there.  Just setting up a home network now is a challenge with all the devices that connect.   

yep

• Like 1

Back to Covid

image.png.2b17697ad9e7d5c186c614205379f579.png

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/arrest-now-boston-university-doctors-create-new-covid-variant-80-kill-rate-funded-dr-fauci-nih/?utm_source=Gab&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

"Here is one email from former NIH Director Dr. Collins to Fauci and others back in April 2020 when they were trying to hide their connections to the lab."

francis-collins-fauci-email-conspiracy-p

"Fauci funded viral experimentation around the world even after gain of function research was banned in the US.

On Monday The Daily Mail reported that Boston University created a new COVID variant that has an 80% kill rate."

• Sad 3

image.png.842511c7bb19a4dca70d6a4f6e2864fc.png

Screen-Shot-2022-10-17-at-11.38.32-PM.jp

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/17-year-old-high-school-student-dies-suddenly-collapsing-choir-rehearsal/

"When asked what the cause of his death was, Sarhadoon claimed that a heart attack was likely a possibility.

“[He] suddenly collapsed while he was practicing on stage – until now no real reason – just like a heart attack,” Sarhadoon said.

One user commented, “so sorry to hear that and I hope he did not had that vaccine because Some doctors believe vaccine is the reason for heart attack.”"

• Sad 3