I miss scam calls

Ricordo

1 hour ago, Ricordo said:

Is there something wrong? Can I get arrested for something

I think the answer is to commit yourself to an act that is not defined currently as a crime.

Therefore, it would become a crime after you have performed it.

Aim, high!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Feeling melancholic this morning.

Is there something wrong? Can I get arrested for something? Can they be bribed with a Google Play gift card? Is my money no good?

It's a lonely feeling being left out in the cold.

I've managed to do stop most spam calls...one gets thru now and then though and I just block em.  Must have 1,000's blocked.  It's the damn Text message Spams that REALLY tick me off.  I try to be very colorful in my replies before I block them too.

• Like 2

I buy and sell with a local online site. The latest scam are buyers wanting to send verification codes to prove you are not a scammer. They try to con you into believing that they send a code, you verify you got it then they will pay for the item you are selling. 

It goes like this... You give them your phone number and they claim they sent the code. You never received it but you are desperate to sell so they ask for your email address. You send it and they claim the code bounced back. In the end unsuspecting people give them their full name, phone number, email and full street address. After they drive by your house they know what you drive. They raid your garbage can and your discarded mail gives them a lot more.

Then a full on assault of your identity starts.  

When a buyer asks to send a code I say Sure! Just send it to your mothers phone. It’s on the nightstand next to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, DAKA said:

When I don't just hang up, If it's a female I ask WHAT COLOR UNDERWEAR ARE YOU WEARING

Otherwise I just shout EAT S**T AND DIE   Yeah I know its childish...but 

A guy who works with the FCC told me the same thing. I think it got me onto a bunch of Do Not Call. EVER! Lists. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

I've managed to do stop most spam calls...one gets thru now and then though and I just block em.  Must have 1,000's blocked.  It's the damn Text message Spams that REALLY tick me off.  I try to be very colorful in my replies before I block them too.

Many of those spam texts are group conversation, the spam was sent to dozens of numbers, not just yours. When you reply, you usually reply to all in that group, pissing those off, that never started this to begin with.

Meanwhile the text was sent from a bot that doesn't listen to any replies, let alone cares.

• Like 4

Many bots will put you on confirmed lists, resulting in even more spam, if you take the call, push the call to your voice box or cancel it. Just let it ring and block.

That being said, blocking doesn't do much. They will use another number next time.

I use a do not disturb setup that only lets calls through from people in my contact list. And that's only 2: my CPA and my CEO. Everybody else is forced to send an email, and that's something I check on MY schedule.

I also opted out of this government orange alert crap. Last time they sent some false Alarm, freaking me out over nothing. So yeah, **** the government with their control freak BS on MY phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't these folks work on weekends? Is their 401k that good? Don't they even remember that I exist?

I sure miss their warm, reassuring voice telling me that if I do exactly what they say, everything will be fine!

Is it too much to ask of them for a phone call the morning after, telling me how much they appreciated our time together?

It's disheartening....sigh........

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I buy and sell with a local online site. The latest scam are buyers wanting to send verification codes to prove you are not a scammer. They try to con you into believing that they send a code, you verify you got it then they will pay for the item you are selling. 

It goes like this... You give them your phone number and they claim they sent the code. You never received it but you are desperate to sell so they ask for your email address. You send it and they claim the code bounced back. In the end unsuspecting people give them their full name, phone number, email and full street address. After they drive by your house they know what you drive. They raid your garbage can and your discarded mail gives them a lot more.

Then a full on assault of your identity starts.  

When a buyer asks to send a code I say Sure! Just send it to your mothers phone. It’s on the nightstand next to me. 

NOTHING mail or paper related ever leaves my house with Shredding.  It still amazes me that people won't just buy a $50 shredder.  It does take time, but it's the safest thing to do.  Everything with my name or address is shredded Daily.  It's easier that way, otherwise, stuff piles up.  If it's winter, do problem.  I just burn it in the fireplace with a coffee log.:greensupergrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, crockett said:

Many of those spam texts are group conversation, the spam was sent to dozens of numbers, not just yours. When you reply, you usually reply to all in that group, pissing those off, that never started this to begin with.

Meanwhile the text was sent from a bot that doesn't listen to any replies, let alone cares.

True.  Most all the text message spams I get lately are realtors wanting to buy my house.  If they text me on Sunday....They REALLY get an ear full.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

NOTHING mail or paper related ever leaves my house with Shredding.  It still amazes me that people won't just buy a $50 shredder.  It does take time, but it's the safest thing to do.  Everything with my name or address is shredded Daily.  It's easier that way, otherwise, stuff piles up.  If it's winter, do problem.  I just burn it in the fireplace with a coffee log.:greensupergrin:

Say hello to my office grade $500 shredder made in Germany. Eats CD ROMs as well.

20210718_180330.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you answer, or reply in any way,  you just got added to 1000 more lists.

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

I've got matches.

CDs and DVDs which need destruction can be held over a red hot stove burner for a few moments until they sag and warp if your shredder cannot handle them.

Hint #1 - hold disk with long handle pliers

Hint #2a - press the edge of the hot disk into a piece of scrap wood to really bend it

Hint #2b - drop hot disk in sink or bucket of water to cool it

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

When I don't just hang up, If it's a female I ask WHAT COLOR UNDERWEAR ARE YOU WEARING

Otherwise I just shout EAT S**T AND DIE   Yeah I know its childish...but 

Ask'm how much for a blowjob. Same with enraged people who walk up to me in traffic because I cut them off.

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

If you answer, or reply in any way,  you just got added to 1000 more lists.

I've got matches.

I know you're right.  It just gives me such a GREAT feelin though!!  Almost worth it!!  So I can do it again!!!:cool:

Matches are good.  I actually bought about 10 boxes of those BIG Stick matches...12 hurricanes ago...all sealed up and ****...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

CDs go in the microwave.

I don't own one. I kicked that joke of a microwave range hood combo long out. They don't filter grease, they collect it inside and one day they go up in flames.

Replaced it with a proper commercial grade hood.

When I have to warm up leftovers, I use a pan or the oven. Tastes much better and the texture doesn't turn into mush. No proper cook use a damn microwave to begin with.

image.png.41b37f2802e30e49d142372a8624605c.png